Guess who's back?

calibeater

Whats up guys?? So I know Im not new, but Ive been mia for a couple years. BUT.......Im back with my 3rd 2 door pathy, and this time I got a 5 speed! So I just bought all my tune up items and am going to change all the fluids in it, seafoam it, and change the clutch this weekend. The previous owner did not take quite the care of this thing as he should have but Ive got my hands on it now and its already looking/driving better! So maybe some trips to Hollister are in order?? Ive gone twice this month in my buddies rigs so once I got the clutch in there, Im headed out

Thanks, yea i missed my other pathfinders a lot. I had a 84 Yota 4x4 that wheeled pretty good, but it wasnt the same as my pathfinders. I couldnt sleep in it when I would go camping and it was only a reg cab, and being 6'1 and 300lbs, I needed some more room lol. So yota is gone and I hunted for a 2 door 5 speed and got one. Much happier now.

Oh, took it to the redwoods by my house the other day too. My plans for it now are bring it back to running and driving great, Im going to build some sliders when i get some more hole saw blades for the notcher, build some bumpers and just have some fun with it. Its going to be more of a camping rig than wheeler for a bit but one day Ill SAS it. But I want to have some fun and put some miles under it before I tear it apart.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/1/?ui=2&ik=4a2bb50492&view=att&th=140bb367f4d8055c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-pOXXlqG0eqGgGl7WATvJS&sadet=1377626510360&sads=-rx1xH3cuQH6Zo1EbOhVMFyITmI

Welcome back WAVEY

That pic link is asking me to log in, looks like it is attached to an email account? You might want to upload it to something like photobucket.com, imageshack.us or another image hosting site. Then just use the links they provide for posting to forums :aok:

they are some 31s with a decent offset rim, not crazy but enough to make it a little more stable. and i wish i had the tire carrier!! my last two were se's and had that but this one is a xe and is just basic model. but im fine with that lol. when i throw it on the lift this weekend for the clutch and tune up, im going to crank the t bars some so it sits a little more level. plus just got a magnaflow muffler and AFE filter so we will see how well those work too.

oh, and in case anyone was wondering about the color choice on the wheels lol, i took those off another project that was white with blue. Im actually going to paint them all black and paint the pathfinder that color blue. just going to rattle can it but Im getting pretty good at it now lol

Not sure lol, that pic has that tint cause the sun had gone doen the mountain a bit and so i had to edit it to lighten it up some. but maybe this pic will show the blue a little better lol. Thats what color Im going to paint it some time in sept. and then ill just paint the wheels fully black by that point.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n11cydd406f8uj/2013-08-08%2019.04.22.jpg

Ha ha yea, its just a photo editor that I have on my phone to lighten pics up. Im thinking about starting a built thread this time. I know it will prob be awhile before i do ant serious fab but im constantly tinkering on stuff and it would prob help me keep track all the work ive done. I have a day one pic and its not pretty, I picked this pathy up in Oakland, not sure where thats at, watch gangland on tv lol. Im trying to deGhetto this thing and bring it back to off road glory! lol

Welcome back! I'm not sure how soon I'll make it to Holister, but maybe in a month or two...

I just had to go back and look at the pic again. The whole picture has a blue tint to it. Do you happen to know Precise1 by chance? He has a similar camera.

:jig:

Real funny Miata boy! P...

B

Well a month or two should work. That will give me plenty of time to get a couple small things done and make sure my rig is all tight. I dont like going wheeling and being "that guy" that has something stupid break lol. Like in the past ive gone out and and my battery tray came loose lol. had a couple trucks stopped on the trail so I could strap my battery down. But yea, one of these days I was going to maybe see if there was enough interest to try and set up a trip and get a few pathys out there.

Guest Mrs.Azzo

Hey neighbor!

I'm also from the bay area. Getting people to come out in the bay has proven to be difficult. But hey! I be willing to get a group together. There's a few members still around. keep an eye out.

Hello,we lived there to and miss it.

Hey neighbor!

I'm also from the bay area. Getting people to come out in the bay has proven to be difficult. But hey! I be willing to get a group together. There's a few members still around. keep an eye out.

Hello! Yea you might see my pathy around your area here and there lol, my buddy lives kind of by Great America and I go up there to visit him and tinker with his giant k20. I will be going yo hollister here and there. plus I still go to clear creek still so I can shoot. But Id be in for helping get a Hollister trip together. Maybe try and set soemthing up in early Oct or something so its far enough awaty people could plan to come??

Oh and just a little update, I did my clutch this last weekend, re-index'd my torsion bars so i sit level now (higher than my other two though), did a tune up, pulled my valve covers off too change the gaskets and painted them with my air cleaner lid, seafoamed it, and then tonight im welding up a exhaust with a magnaflow, swapping all my fluids, and maybe a alignment since my front end is sitting prob 4 inches higher than when i first got it (sagging bad). So the smurf is gettin some serious love