Putting hardbody fenders on a pathfinder

Reecehenry

So I'm new here, and I'm about to buy some hardbody fiberglass fenders, but before I buy them I wanted to check up on a few things...

1. Will hardbody fenders fit my pathfinder (1992,se).

2. Do I need anything else in order for it to all fit together correctly?

3. Has anyone had any experience with this type of fender

And if they won't fit, does anyone know where I can get some that will...

The link to the fenders is here... http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan/1987_1997_hardbody/exterior/fenders/fiberglass_fenders/hannemann/eric00010906.html

Thanks for any help -Reece

I have a 87 hardbody and a 95 pathfinder xe, I have parked them side by side and without taking anything off, I am confident they are the same (cab up) I'm interested in what they look like on the pathfinder, looks mean.

Are you looking for these because of the bigger wheel wells? Or just as a replacement?

Btw welcome!!

Edited by cvdloc

IIRC they had fitment issues even with the hardbody but that was because they were fiber glass. Are you getting them new or secondhand?

Hardbody fenders (2WD and 4WD) will fit Pathfinders, and vice versa. I've had Pathfinder/Hardbody 4x4 fenders on my old 2WD Hardbody (for the extra bulge so I could tuck the wheels easier....it was airbagged) and everything lines up. You probably drill your own holes in the fiberglass fenders if they are new, right?

I think its drill your own. I've had new ones with the holes already drilled but it was for a 80s era f1. So I cant say for the 21s. But the holes may not line up properly and you may have too file fit them.

Not a big problem, IMO.

And yes. They will fit.

They interchange between HB and Pathfinder, the difference is (as stated) a 2wd Hardbody don't have as much bulge to them (why pathfinder/4x4 HB fenders are a good swap on a reflector collector HB). As for 'glass fenders, I'm not a fan of them personally (fiberglass panels period aint my thing) and you will most likely have to put some effort into makin them look right but the end result should please you if your into the prerunner look. What's your plans for the rear?

Thanks for all the help guys!!! And nunya, I've already taken a die cutter to the rear, so it angles from near the top of the tire to the bottom of the tail lights, and I replaced the bumper with a big tube like bumper that I got off a friends jeep (cause he rolled it, and was parting it out)... Next step is front prerunner bumper, and upgrading my 32inch mts, to 35 inch Mickey Thompson baja claws! And one of these days when the time (and money) is right ill get to work on my long travel suspension dreams lol!

I had a pair of fiberglass fenders back when I had my 87 hardbody, unfortunately I never got around to installing them and a customer came into the shop one day looking for a pair and the manager asked me if I would sell mine so I did.

No idea if the fenders from Andy's are different than the ones I had, which were from Jim Connor Racing but they advertise them ( they used to when they were still in business) as the customer having to drill all the mounting holes and you may have to do some trimming, sanding, etc. to get them to line up properly, since they are fiberglass and I guess no 2 fenders are exactly the same.

The one's I used to have were designed with a larger flare and taller opening. They were pretty good quality for fiberglass.

These are the one's I used to have, for the D21:

ixgug5.jpg

here are the fiberglass fenders from 4x4 parts, which probably are the same as the JCR one's as 4x4 parts bought out most of JCR's parts:

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/hardbody-fiberglass-front-fenders-p-645.html