2-3" Lift?

enkrypt3d

lol what are my options? I want something that can take an impact and not fork up my bumper...... ugh I really love that ARB!

I guess I'm going with the EMU kit and raising up the truck.... got into a fender bender this AM and need something like a bull bar that's tough enough........ would a hardbody one work?

Los Angeles area......

I have this taking up space in my garage. I do not want to ship it but would give you a good deal. It needs new bushings, but I think I have a set of those I do not have shocks . It is a 4x4 parts kit with rear springs,idler arm brace, heavy duty sway away torsion bars and cal mini drop track bar bracket . I was thinking $250. I live in mountain house 95391 probably 5 or 6 hours from you if your interested.

IMG_20120220_155451.jpg

^That is a good deal for anyone close enough to pick it up!

Aww that ARB Bull bar is no longer manufactured :( Precise do you wanna sell yours? I know u do! :D

You'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands... :lol:

I am lucky I was able to buy it locally, used for 1/2 price and don't ever expect that to happen again. Sorry, Bud, you are on your own!

You are on the right track with modifying the D21 version though... ;)

B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

That's cool I hope you're using it and having fun with it. I'm looking for some torsion bars and upper control arms if you know of any at a good price. I would like to get a 3 inch lift front and back. That's why I was reading this I understand the back lifle is not to hard. The front lift is free up to two inchs I'm just not sure how stable it is.

Tire size 245 are 31" and 255 are 32" and 265 are 33" that's what the guy says at the tire place.

He also said the numbers change for the tread pattern like street vs a/t vs mud tires. Mud tires 245 are 31s and 245 a/t and 245 street tires are not y is that i don't know?

That description is so inadequate that it is almost criminal. Either he doesn't know is own arse from a pen holder or he couldn't be bothered to give you good info. Either way, I wouldn't go back there again.

The basic premise is that in the Euro-metric tire size method, the first number equals the width in millimeters (25.4mm/inch), the second number is the aspect ratio of the side wall height to the width (75=75%), and the third is the rim diameter. The first two numbers can be identical, but if the third (rim diameter) is different, the diameter can change drastically.

Here, read this. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?s_kwcid=AL!3756!3!40349075413!p!!g!!tire%20size%20explained&ef_id=UwJUbQAABCTyGF3a:20140326232228:s&techid=46

Better yet, print it out and give it to that idiot...

B

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yea thanks guys! For some reason the lighting in that pic makes it look like its champagne but its really supposed to be white. Your truck looks great too man!

What do u guys do about the huge loss in power with these larger tires? I noticed a huge difference on the freeway... the truck could barely make it above 60. :(

Edited by enkrypt3d

I didnt really notice a power difference but I did headers, magnaflow, and cold air intake all about the same time. I dont know if those spacers will work but I do know fluerys is working on some WD21 spacers for the rear. He was offering to give a set away to someone who would help him with pics and measurements, I dont know if he found someone or not....

I didnt really notice a power difference but I did headers, magnaflow, and cold air intake all about the same time. I dont know if those spacers will work but I do know fluerys is working on some WD21 spacers for the rear. He was offering to give a set away to someone who would help him with pics and measurements, I dont know if he found someone or not....

Yea I'm contemplating getting the doug thorley headers but have no idea what cat back exhaust to get....

Anyone recommend getting aftermarket UCA's? I have the aftermarket torsion bars cranked up but its pretty stiff in the front... any specific recommendations on which ones to get? I have about 2.5" lift in the rear. And how exactly does the UCA's provide lift?

These?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-upper-control-arms-p-142.html

Or these?

https://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissan-pathfinder-upper-control-arms-by-superlift-1987-1995-2534-lift-p-36122.html

Thanks guys! I'll post up pics tomorrow of the results it looks badass! :D