Brush guard installation issue

Hey all,

I purchased a (factory?) brush guard last week and was installing it this past weekend, and ran into a problem. The bottom mounts to the frame just fine, but upon popping out the fog lights on the bumper and looking inside, I saw no place for the bumper mounts to mount up to. Is the solution to just drill holes and mount it up? Or am I missing something. I have a 93 Pathfinder SE, but the front bumper came off a 93 XE (if that makes ANY sort of difference). I left it at home and plan on working on it when I return home at the end of the week.

FYI, it came off a 91 Pathfinder with no special fabricated mounts.

• Like 1

3Eb3Mf3Ia5E85Ka5F9d4l006f54c8cfdd1652.jp

Copied the photo for you so its around...
ther SHOULD be two rather large oval ish holes behind the bumper that those fit in... at least the one i had did. and it should have two plates that fit into the those holes. and maybe another plate and washer for the other side of each? sorry if i don't make all the much sense....

• Like 1

You are making sense, I just didn't see them. If I get bored tomorrow or Thursday Ill take a couple pics to show what I see.

The obvious eyeball difference is that the 87-92 trucks have a different bumper than the 93-95. No idea if this matters. I've never seen one in a junkyard to even see how they mount up.

Damn, my buddy was over today and has one on his 1991, but I didn't look closely. If I see him in the next few days, I'll check it out for you...

B

I have a 95 and from what Kyle said is how mine is mounted, though mine is crooked from the last owner, and I have not fixed it yet. I am just missing the head light protectors, the last owner took them off because they affected night time driving for him.

Got the same problem for my Terrano, it is not a straight bolt on, I'll have to modify when I have time.

But it will look nice on the man's car.

Philippe.

whitePathy.jpg

I see a major difference with that bumper from mine. The flood light holes appear to be off-line of the turning signals, where as on mine the turn signal and flood light are all "one piece". The "horns" on each side have no holes in them for mounting. My old man suggested rigging up some angle iron to make it work (which would be like the plates that Kyle mentioned). I've got the thing sitting at home so when I get some free time in a couple weekends I'll play around with it. Plus I'll have access to my summer jobs' manufacturing stuff.. so I'll have all the fabrication equipment at my disposal!

By flood lights do u mean the hella's BC I welded those brkts to the brush guard or the slots in thelate models where the fogs mount?

I remember having to pry everything apart to get it in the bumper and scratched it all up...I ended up pulling the bumper to do it and leave the bottom bolt in BC then u can hook it over and then align it and tighten up all the bolts

By flood lights do u mean the hella's BC I welded those brkts to the brush guard or the slots in thelate models where the fogs mount?

I remember having to pry everything apart to get it in the bumper and scratched it all up...I ended up pulling the bumper to do it and leave the bottom bolt in BC then u can hook it over and then align it and tighten up all the bolts

Nah, I meant where the floods on the bumper should be (instead you have your BG supports there). My floods are one single piece with the turn signals.

Push comes to shove, I'll just fab up some plates for the bumper mounts. Not extremely worried about it, but I'm just curious as to why it wasn't already set up for BG mounting? If anything I'll pop the bumper off, measure everything up, drill two mounting holes (one for each side) and have the plates fitted up and bolt it all together. Birthday is coming up and I'm already about to order some Hella 500FF's to mount to the BG once it's all set up.

It's been a REAL long time but I had the OEM grille guard on my 87 hardbody, I bought it because I liked how solidly it mounted, I don't recall how the upper mounts went on but I do not recall having any problems, guess it helps when all the required parts are included.