Roof Mounted Speaker Conversion Info

The_Magicians_Eye

OMG! That speaker bar is AWESOME!!

I wonder if I could put that in my 99.0?? But all the yards around here dont have any pathfinders. :angry: Unless someone in the Miami-Dade area knows of a yard that has a bunch. (They like to chop shop em back to running, then export to S.A.)

Or possibly by a retrofit or make something.

I have been wanting to add rear speakers for a while now to my 92. I removed the boxes years ago and I have the speaker box, but I do not have the cross member piece or the headliner. How critical is the brace here? I was thinking of cutting the headliner to fit and upholstering the section with the speakers, but that may end up looking like crap. I would love to find a donor vehicle, but these trucks are very hard to find these days around here.

You absolutely need that cross brace unless you plan on fabricating something on your own. This is part of the mount. Also I wouldn't cut your headliner and do what you where thinking. Unless you're good at custom upholstery it's going to look terrible. Just keep an eye out for one.

PS I may have two sets for sale soon.

also anyone thinking of doing this to a 2 door, the 2 door headliner is a bit wider then the 4 door, so save the 4 door liner and you can trim the 2 out for a decent match.

I did it on my 88, and yes you want to get that front brace

• Like 1

I don't (think) I have the brace in mine (over site at the time), I haven't had an issue but do plan on getting one eventually or the sake of I want something I don't have...

I would love to find a donor truck locally but they are very hard to find...as a matter of fact I rarely see any pre 96 Pathinder. If I do, they are usually rusted to hell. I guess I'll wait until I have the pieces I need, the braces and headliner (especially).

One more quick question....does the rear light get relocated in this or does it stll mount in the same spot?

Did it in my 87 with no headliner but shouldn't be different by much...prob the only pic I have

DSCN5181.jpg

And as u can see I didn't pull the extra xmem....Its stamped and sturdy enough...I may have did some other rigging but its been there for 6+ years and no issues

Edited by unccpathfinder