so i finally did my lift

shoesandsocks

well today was eventful i went to work and they sent everyone home for a system outage so with that happening i decided i finally had enough time to do so my setup.

front springs are iron man i have nx4 spacers but i didn't know i had to have a new strut mount to put them on.

the rear is a wj coil spacer from krabs with a stock wj sprigs.

my impressions so far the rear is way to high i think im just going to put the stock springs back in with a spacer until i can get a set of standard lift springs. If u have a sub frame drop without the lift springs this would be about level as i got about 3.5 inches in the rear.

here is the pics ill post more when there is light outside.

2013-02-19103108_zps3fd5ced7.jpg

2013-02-19112210_zpsf4d8e6a8.jpg

2013-02-19161952_zps467552d5.jpg

and this the front completely off the lift didnt get a pic of the rear yet.

2013-02-19140415_zps390ae67f.jpg

front springs are iron man i have nx4 spacers but i didn't know i had to have a new strut mount to put them on.

You don't "need" a new strut mount, while its nice to get all that is needed are some new bolts, and punch, drill, cut out the old ones.

Theexbrit said they are a "3/8" x 2", grade 8." i never got around to mounting my NX4's (im actually selling them back to him :lmao:), so i cant verify from a personal stand point, but im very confident that what he said was correct.

Looks good so far, and im jealous of how ever you procured that lift.

-Kyle

EDIT: GET SOME MEAT ON THEM TIRES, :laugh:

Edited by ferrariowner123

I've got my eye on a set of those Iron man springs as well. They are taller than stock but not so tall as the AC ones so top out should be less of an issue. I'm not looking for lift really just a better ride with a tone of crap jammed into the back. Unfortunately they don't have any rear ones. at least until the end of march, so I'll wait to order mine I don't want to pay duty/shipping twice.

BTW how much lift did you get up front (measured centre of hub to top of fender arch)? Did you use longer shocks in the rear to work with the lift? If the back was too high with the WJ springs and spacer would just removing the spacer level things out? Nice work!

how does it ride?

Edited by bushnut

the ride is solid i think thats more of the shocks and struts i love them to death but im worried about getting top out in the rear actually and the wj coils cant fit without the adapter if i could do it again i would get the krfabs adapter without the 1in lift honestly

uhh measurements no prob as soon as the az blizzard goes away i will do so just let me know from where would u like me to measure from and yes 31x10.5r15 a lil triming on the bottom but can see it unles u get in the wheel well. And full shop with every tool available courtesy of the US tax payer

Looking good!

Ride height measurements:Front and rear both driver and passenger sides, from the ground to the lip of the fender, through the center of the wheel, like this- thanks!

pic_zps60413497.jpg

Edited by stioc

i can do for the front the rear was killing me so i took it off felt like i was in a constant braking nose dive to me

Yeah I saw that and couldn't help but wonder why you dind't throw the NX4 spacers in the front to level it out. I'd love to get an inch or so of a lift right now.

What did you have to do to install the WJ springs? I may do that if my rear continues to squat (well in all honesty I do have the storage platform in the back and stuff in it so it probably weighs about 80lbs total).

just drill the hole in the perch wider and bolt it in fits completely like a stock spring the good thing about them is that since there aready a used spring they have probably already sagged as much as they can,if u want mine i was gonna put it in the classifieds this afternoon anyway id trade u for your ome coils

so in my opinon the ironman springs are exactly what u pay for the have settled down a bit now and theres supposed to give a lift of 30mm which is 1.18 inches and with my fender height from the ground im at 33.5 now where i was at 32 on a 31 inch tire not allthat higher.

FYI

I have OME MDs all around with 1/4" trim packers in the front and here're my measurements as of right now:

Left Front: 34" Right Front (passenger side): 33.75"

Left Rear: 33.75 Right Rear (passenger side): 33.25"

It's been 8 months since we did the OME HD front, MD rear springs so I should probably remeasure.

This is where we were at then.

Front = 34.5"
Rear = 35.25"

That's on 255/70R16's that measure about 29.5"

We should hook up and get some comparison shots side by side.

Thanks for those numbers Tad! Your's are closer to mine so I don't feel like something's wrong with my OMEs, just that they're not as high as the AC springs. My tires are the same height as your's too.

Well, looks like I'll be going to the AC springs + NX4. I just ordered the springs...here we go again :deadhorse:

EDIT: shoesandsocks, sorry about the thread hi-jack! :blush:

Edited by stioc

was just a lil soft and i dont have the patience to get the nx4 spacers on so i figure just sell it all and be done the height was definatly there though and at least i did find an alternate way cheaper than the ac springs.

Edited by shoesandsocks