OME MD + NX4 spacer - anyone done it?

stioc

I'm finding that my OME springs after 'settling' (read: sagging) are just about the same height as a stock Pathfinder +/- .75" - 1". At first I was regretting not getting the AC lift (which I didn't because I heard about the top-out 'issue' at the time and not knowing much about it). However, now I'm thinking if I add the NX4 spacer and may be a rear coil spacer from Fleury/Steve I'll have the best of both worlds i.e. no top-out and just about the same lift as the AC lift.

I would love to stuff some 33ish (285/75/16) tires under there but flex like this might be an issue. The pic is from this past weekend and the tire size is 245/75/16

2013-02-16_12-04-22_690_zps2273d0ac1_zps

Edited by stioc

I don't see why you would have any issues, i've got a pair sitting right behind me and all it does (as im sure you know) is the move the strut an inch down.

Based on what you have already said with the sagging, the worst your doing is pushing the front up an inch.

But that's all in theory, if there is some magic spell on the NX4 OME kit im not aware of, someone should bring it to light.

nice looking rig BTW, always like white rigs, easier to keep clean. :aok:

-Kyle

I don't see why your proposed set up wouldn't work? :shrug:

... always like white rigs, easier to keep clean. :aok:

-Kyle

You had me up to this point! Mine looks like @!*%. I used to wax and buff it once or twice a year. Now I don't even try any more. eusa_snooty.gif

You had me up to this point! Mine looks like @!*%. I used to wax and buff it once or twice a year. Now I don't even try any more. eusa_snooty.gif

Kinda glad mines the tan/mud color naturally, so I dont have to worry about it hardly at all! :happy:

Should work just fine with the spacers though! Go ahead!

Bro, i have black, EVERYTHING SHOW UP,ill take white any day (actually my next car (in addition to the the pathy) might be a white 98 240SX, but dont hold your breath) Black makes me said, looks great in pictures, but when get within 20 feet and some of the trees and bush marks start to show, :(:thumbsdown:

I do a wax every six months and a clay bar rub down yearly, plus my duratracs are ripping my mud flaps in the front off, which makes more work. :pullhair:

Even after all that, i still love my black pathy, lol

-Kyle

Thanks guys, yeah I was hoping to hear from someone that has the same exact setup and may be some measurements, pics etc. As I said I would love to get 33"ish tires under there but it may not work. I know Fluery/Steve put some 33's but with the AC lift, spacers and lots of cutting.

As for why I want them is because the OMEs have sagged more than I'd expected yet I've heard from more than one source (Jeff @ NX4) that the ACs actually sag worse. Anyway, I'm hoping with the spacer it'll be back to looking like a lifted Pathfinder and will open up some space under the fenders to stuff some larger tires.

Anyone want to buy my 31" Duratracs with 3k miles on them? :)

Aren't we talking about 300 dollars worth of spacers here? The only reason I see why you wouldn't just switch to the AC springs would be the top out issue that SOME people have experienced. I sold my rear OME springs for about 100 dollars to a guy on here... Why not sell your OME springs and switch to AC?

Or maybe the SFD! That would look great on your rig and you'd have no problems with the 33's!

Edited by erathge

^ Good point, I was thinking of just trying the NX4 spacer and see how it sits but I have thought about both the AC lift and the SFD. SFD seems a bit more involved and honestly I don't like it sitting that high, if someone made a 2-3" SFD I'd go for that and keep my OMEs.

A couple of questions for you erathge. You went with the AC springs for more lift, how much more did you get over the OMEs? And how long have you had them? I ask because I'd like to know how much lift you've gotten after the AC springs settled?

Also, since you have the same body style/fender etc as mine, if you're running 31" tires I'd love to know what your ride height is- from the ground, through the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flares. Thanks

Edited by stioc

^ Good point, I was thinking of just trying the NX4 spacer and see how it sits but I have thought about both the AC lift and the SFD. SFD seems a bit more involved and honestly I don't like it sitting that high, if someone made a 2-3" SFD I'd go for that and keep my OMEs.

A couple of questions for you erathge. You went with the AC springs for more lift, how much more did you get over the OMEs? And how long have you had them? I ask because I'd like to know how much lift you've gotten after the AC springs settled?

Also, since you have the same body style/fender etc as mine, if you're running 31" tires I'd love to know what your ride height is- from the ground, through the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flares. Thanks

Hey, I didn't have the measurements with the OME springs (keep in mind, I just had OME rear springs), but I've had the AC's and an NX4 spacer for just over six months but I'm running 32x11.5x15's and this is how it sits:

36.25" rear, 36.75" front

Evan

Edited by erathge

Thanks for those numbers Evan.

I have OME MDs all around with 1/4" trim packers in the front and here're my measurements as of right now:

Left Front: 34"

Rright Front (passenger side): 33.75"

Left Rear: 33.75

Right Rear (passenger side): 33.25"

Thanks for those numbers Evan.

I have OME MDs all around with 1/4" trim packers in the front and here're my measurements as of right now:

Left Front: 34"

Rright Front (passenger side): 33.75"

Left Rear: 33.75

Right Rear (passenger side): 33.25"

Are those numbers ground to fender or centre hub to fender? 'cause if it is ground to fender thats the same as my 13yr old stock stuff.

Are those numbers ground to fender or centre hub to fender? 'cause if it is ground to fender thats the same as my 13yr old stock stuff.

Are you sure about that? Take some pics!

Edited by erathge

Yes those numbers are from the ground to the lower edge of the fender flares. However, I don't think those are stock numbers but probably within an inch of them. I'm really blown away by how much more lift the AC springs get you. If my numbers are about 1" over stock, that means (based on Evan's numbers) the AC lift alone gives you close to 3" over stock. Add in the NX4 spacers and you've got almost 4". I don't want more than that, in fact 3" would be perfect.

Alright guys, I'm an impatient man with a credit card (what were they thinking giving me one :laugh: ). I just ordered the AC lift springs and the NX4 spacers...the shipping cost is a killer on those springs!

Anyone in SoCal want to come and give me a hand? Doing the same mod more than once is like :deadhorse:

:lol:

Alright guys, I'm an impatient man with a credit card (what were they thinking giving me one :laugh: ). I just ordered the AC lift springs and the NX4 spacers...the shipping cost is a killer on those springs!

Anyone in SoCal want to come and give me a hand? Doing the same mod more than once is like :deadhorse:

:lol:

While you're at it, would you mind taking a measurement of the rear AC coils before you put them in?

I'm looking for the wire diameter of the spring and the total width of the spring across the top.. (I'm thinking of getting a 20mm spacer made to level the rear with the front)

Thanks!