I'm picking up a QX4 today, am I allowed here?!

PrecisionX

So I'm currently on the bus to pick up a QX4. I just sold my BMW 330Ci yesterday and I am replacing it today with a 2002 QX4 (Black) with 111,000 miles. It is a 2 owner (current one bought it at 44k) and was just run through an Infiniti dealership inspection.

Recent work done by the owner:

Struts

Ball joints

Lower control arms

Sway links

Rear shocks

Front pads and rotors in the past year

Rear shoes in the past year

Exhaust/mufflers from the cat back replaced

Tires are two years old

He also said he just replaced wipers and belts

The Infiniti dealership said it was the nicest they've seen in a while may be BS that anyone could say but I'm going with it. It looks super clean but has the dumb 3 spoke wheels.

I plan on tinting the front windows, replacing the wheels and tires eventually with something nicer looking and a more aggressive tire and over time it will be transformed with some more off road friendly goodies but until then it's stock and hopefully I can make it through some tough stuff now. It's going to be a daily driver with outdoorsy stuff in mind as well as some adventure time.

A QX4 is just a Pathfinder in a fancy suit.

As long as you loosen your tie and are fine with getting your hands dirty then you are alway welcome here!

Some pics would be nice. You'll be impressed with the drive and off road abilities of your new ride. Just keep up with the maintenance and it will treat you right for years. By the milage it should be due for a timing belt and water pump.

A QX4 is just a Pathfinder in a fancy suit.

As long as you loosen your tie and are fine with getting your hands dirty then you are alway welcome here!

Some pics would be nice. You'll be impressed with the drive and off road abilities of your new ride. Just keep up with the maintenance and it will treat you right for years. By the milage it should be due for a timing belt and water pump.

It is a 2002 it has a timing chain. 2001.5 and later have a chain.

Interesting update! I didn't buy the qx4! The guy lied to me about rust and when I showed up after the 5 hour drive and he saw me looking in the wheel wells he told me that he had the front strut towers replaced, both of them... He said there were holes and tried to convince me it was better than new. I walked away. He flipped out and was going to make me take a cab to the nearest train station 20 minutes away. What a snake. I bought a burgundy one owner 04 pathy instead!

caR50s DID have a recall on the strut towers and some of them were repaired (and some bought back to get them off the road) so that may not have been a complete line of BS :shrug: Now update that info for the correct year/model! Your gonna ask about something and were gonna think you have an "unknown 2001":lol: And feel free to snap a pic and show it off to us!

So that makes the 720s QX1s?

:welcome:

Since it's model is all numbers the "Infiniti" one would just be a "QX", you know... lacking any numbers period!