'88 Pathfinder Owner in Northern California

Cory74700

Stock engine, all ground wires redirected to the block except main ground from battery, regear in the rear, 5th gear, reprogrammed ecu to tell fuel pump to push more and suck more air, not a whole lot really and I'm only pulling about 50-55hp over factory results nothing impressive really it at least I'm not impressed other than the fact that I'm well over 300,xxx miles

Yeah, the dyno is way off. How did you "reprogram" the ECU? Don't tell me you plugged it in to something, because you can't.

My '87 300ZX turbo with 117K miles put down 194/238 on a Dynojet and 166/208 on a Mustang. 7.8:1 engine at 7PSI. The Mustang dyno is more accurate however they read slightly low and the dynojets like to read ass high.

Edited by Kingman

You act like its unheard of to chip an ecu and further reprogram it. Both dynos I used were dynojets and they read pretty similar readings even though they were two different locations and models of dynojet

Edited by Cory74700

Which chip? Nistune? Rommulator? Post up the tune logs, I'm really curious.

Sorry man but there is no way in Hell a bone stock VG30I can put down those numbers with any kind of ECU tuning. VGs make sheit for NA power but love boost and can put down outrageous numbers. The Z I have now puts down close to 350HP when it's running right with 485cc MB injectors, 100MM Ford Cobra MAF, 16PSI intercooled, Aeromotive 440LPH fuel pump, full 3" exhaust, and a crappy JWT 450 tuned ECU.

I know what these engines do and don't do. Put down any where near 195/260 with a magical ECU tune on a stock 9:1 throttle body injected 3.0L is not one of them.

Edited by Kingman

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/cory9999/dynorun1-20130116-234300-1.jpg

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/cory9999/dynospeednumberone-20130116-234303-1.jpg

found these on my old iPhone from summer 2012. First dyno run I did after a long tune up right after I got out of UTI. And the second was somewhere near Arlington, TX on my way back from Montgomery, Alabama after I regeared my rear end and got a longer 5th gear to replace the stock overdrive 5th gear. There's no way in hell the mph is correct though because my tires arent rated for that high and would've blown, and my speedometer stopped at 105 at 4,500 rpms 4th gear though so ill never know.

Edited by Cory74700
  • Like 1

Not sure what jive means and the ecu chip came from an unconfirmed company, my uncle found it through his database at his shop through the internet its for a 91 hardbody with a vg30 fuel injected engine. I'm not sure what all he did modifying.it to my ecu, ill stop by and see if he remembers

Not sure what jive means and the ecu chip came from an unconfirmed company, my uncle found it through his database at his shop through the internet its for a 91 hardbody with a vg30 fuel injected engine. I'm not sure what all he did modifying.it to my ecu, ill stop by and see if he remembers

Please do ask your uncle.

If he can remember what he did with modifying it to the ECU I think he can generate a lot of business here from other form members that would love to be close to your numbers.

Thanks for sharing...cheers

So he said all he did was solder the chip then reprogram the ecu even further to allow for more power and better fuel economy, he didn't really go into details, all I know is the guy is a genius with cars, ecus and motors of any size, shape, etc he has my father's F250 with the Triton V-10 getting 25mpg from doing the same thing, chipping then reprogramming.

And heres the pink slip to match the vin for the door tag now go fskc yourself for calling me a liar

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/cory9999/IMAG0091.jpg

Cory, please take a deep breath and relax. People rib each other here, but your post is blatantly against forum rules and is not acceptable. Please do not go that far again.

Stay cool and stay around. ;)

Thanks,

B

Alright, I apologize, I just got heated and I just hate when people accuse me of being a liar before they can prove me wrong without the proper facts to do so. It won't happen again that's my guarantee to you personally.

"after I regeared my rear end and got a longer 5th gear to replace the stock overdrive 5th gear."

Did you mean your re-geared your tranny because that is where the gears are.

that chip sounds like one of these:

http://www.engineperformancechip.com/nissan-nissan-pathfinder-c-29_643/power-performance-chip-x2-p-8