Cruise control help

kefferjoe

So I have a 97 pathy and my cruise control used to work but now it doesn't the light on the dash does not come on but the light on the switch does....hopefully a fuse? Any ideas appreciated. If I can test something let me know as well. Thanks!

Manual or auto tranny? Check for brake lights always on (could be a bad brake switch) or reverse lights always on. Or, it could be a bad park/neutral position inhibitor switch (AT) or a bad clutch switch (MT). There are other possible causes, but these are just a couple.

Read about the cruise/ASCD (Automatic Speed Control Device) system starting on page EL-162 after clicking this link.

I have the same problem, used to work fine but this weekend it stopped. Switch light comes on but not a ble to "set" the ASCD. Never had a dash light since I got the car, I always thought that was odd :laugh:

I changed the shifter of the pathy from one i found at the junk yard (this one looked a lot nicer). I believe it was 2 years newer so approx a 99....could this be an issue? I also notice that if i want to turn o/d off i have to hold the button instead of pressing it.