removable doors?

98r50fan

I think it might be a bit of a pain with the factory hinges.

I'd look into the Jeep guys. (GASP*! did he just say the name that we do not speak???)

Jeep puts the hinges on the outside because it makes it easier to get at the hinge pins.

So it could be possible, but i think it would make it more practical if you used Jeep style hinges.

So if you could fab up so new hinges are reinforce the mounts, anything is possible with the rights skills, money and plenty of patience.

Keep us posted if you decide to pursue this.

-Kyle

• Like 1

I think the best option for us pathy owners is probably half doors instead of fully removable ones, especially considering how much electronic crap is attached to our doors, I'd like to see someone try though. Also you will probably compromise some of the strength of the unibody frame without doors attached.

• Like 1

I think the best option for us pathy owners is probably half doors instead of fully removable ones, especially considering how much electronic crap is attached to our doors, I'd like to see someone try though. Also you will probably compromise some of the strength of the unibody frame without doors attached.

Well at that point you might as well roll the window down, lol :tongue::lol:

-Kyle

I've been looking into this. I haven't figured out the quick release hinges. For the wiring you could use an ATX computer power supply extender. Cut it in half, use two conductors for each of the window motor leads and the rest for mirrors and locks. They are super cheap (less than $3) and will give you 20-24 pins to work with. These also work great for standardizing your car stereo wiring across makes. The next owner will probably hate you though if they have to work on the stereo.

I took my doors off once apon a time...there is actually wiring harnesses that make the process very simple. I also welded up some 3" steel tube doors that go on the front...have to mod them they rattled a lot. I will take pics when I find them (got buried in the shed for the winter) they didn't have speakers or any fancy stuff. Just there to keep me and the passengers safe while cruising

Edited by kefferjoe

• 1 year later...