Need a second set of eyes on these parts

rollingrock

Fellas

I am looking at this lift kit

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-custom-suspension-lift-p-45.html

And these shock RS9000XL SERIES SHOCK Stock - 2.50-in. Front RS999214 2 RS9000XL SERIES SHOCK Stock - 2.50-in. Rear RS999333

The rear Ranchos say stock to 2.5 inches. The lift kit says rear springs to 1.5 Does this mean I can still use these rear shocks or so I need different moddle?

Thanks much for giving me a second look at this

RR

Yes, those shocks will work with that kit. The front shocks stay stock length and the rear need to be longer or as long as the lift.

You can go cheaper though by buying Jeep springs for the rear, used UCAs and a bushing kit and get the same thing. So happens I have a set of those UCAs for sale... :whistle:

Not trying to talk you out of it though, for one stop shopping, that's not a bad way to go other than I don't know how much lift those springs give. FYI, the WD21 is supposed to be a little nose heavy, so a 3" lift in the rear and a 2" torsion bar crank is quite reasonable. There is some question if the AC UCAs address the BJ angle, but unles you go as high as possible, it shouldn't matter.

B

I found another interesting well written article - Suspension Lift FAQ for the WD21. Just make sure you get your alignment done at Nissan after you install whatever you decide on. It costs a bit more but they seem to be the only one's capable of properly aligning them.

http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/project/project926.html

Thanks for all replys guys. I had the alignment done today....it was off. They had a problem with the upper control arm on the passenger side...the last person who did the alingment over torqued the bolt inside the frame so they had to re tap it...it was dicey to watch it...but they got it done. I watched them work the torsion bars....um, that is easy. We got the rear to 15.5 and the front to 15 and it was perfect. A light rake, make I could use a little less.

Tonight when I put the new shocks on (I went with Rancho 5000's to save some $$ for the injector) it raised the front up to 16 so I had to break out the impact and reset them again. So now I am sitting 16 rear and 15 front both sides and with that, fellas I don't think I am going to do the lift after all. That said, Precise1 I may take you up on your sale parts just in case.

Ok so get this guys ....while at the shop, I told him I could get an injector from Courtesey Nissan (Local to me) for 170 and he said he could get it for 140 (Nissan part) and he would only charge me another 100 to find the injector and replace it...I said "done and book it for mondy" so they are getting that solved for me.

I also ordred the half shafts for the front, hope to get those replaced Sunday.

But the big news, is now that I am waiting on parts...i am going to spend Sat doing the paint restoration. I will make sure i get lots of befores and afters.

The weather here in DFW is going to be awesome so I am pummped.

As for the wheel bearings, if they don't need changing, save the $100 and trouble. Inspect them, clean and repack, preload properly and see if they are smooth. If it ain't broke, don't fix it (generally).

B

• Like 1