Krypton lift kit

dcass72

Theoretically how much $$ could you expect to drop if you had a shop do this for you?

Well its $495 for the base kit, of steering extenstion and lifting block.

$135 for the brake lines (Which you need)

Panhard bar drop bracket you need to keep the axle in line $75

if you want to use this guy on the road you'll need the sway bar quick disconnects. $150 (keeps the rear end happy, some people say you dont need them, idk on this one)

Then the bolt on WJ spring adapter. $30

and then you need the WJ springs themselves. $150-$175 depending on the lift you get. (http://www.ironrocko...tegory_Code=WSC)

you need to modify those to get the height just right. (Rick13 is a good source to see that process)

Oh and then you need F-250 rear shocks to compensate for the HUGE lift in the rear. (see this thread http://www.nissanpat...ancho-rs9000xl/)

And then to have someone install it, that's tricky, if you look at the how-to's you can see you have to disconnect the front diff, steering linkage, lift the engine up in the process. and then i think it was 01silverpathy who suggested that you get the blocks welded in place so that you don't get a scary wobble at speed. IIRC that's what the reason was, i dont mean to down play this product its served well for Plenty of members and pathfinder enthusiast's.

As far as price goes it would be well over $600 to get it installed if i had to guess. I would find (or make) a buddy who has a decent shop (air tools, jack stands (maybe a lift), jacks, tons of hand tools) and get it done that way.

Check out krypton's webpage to get a full run down on prices, package deals, etc. http://www.krfabs.co...php?productID=2

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

I got the kit and installed it myself save for the steering rack rotation, very happy.

The kit takes a bit of time to install but I have pretty basic experience and managed to do it fine over a couple of weekends. Steering Rack brackets are a bit of a hassle and I still couldn't get my rack to sit tight after the rotation--it would clatter over every bump etc. etc. Got a shop to cut and modify the bracket in town and now it works great. PS - I did not get the newest iteration of the steering linkage on KRFabs website, so maybe that new linkage makes things easier.

I *did* also purchase the Jackson Autosports "Missing Link" cross-member. That was key and made a huge difference in the stiffness of the ride. I wouldn't install the SFD without it.

Didn't need to weld any of the blocks. No wobble at speed. Been sitting on it for 15,000km or so and still holding up very solid.

• Like 2

PS I got some Treadwright Retread 285/75/R16 Guard Dog M/Ts which were cheap but loud as hell. Put 3" aluminum spacers on front and rear to get my backspacing okay, no problems with those either.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished installing the sfd on my Pathy and love it! Took a good 8-9 hours, lots of sweat (even though it's snowing out) and luckily no seized bolts!

I had the 2" AC lift coils on the front and rear. With those, my rear went up about 3-4" and the front only 2", then adding an ARB bumper and winch, I was hating the large amount of rake - it looked more like my jacked up '70 Nova!

It's finally level and drives great. My next project will be to fab-up another front skid-plate since the Armor plate from 4x4parts doesn't reach the lowered subframe now.

Don't forget to add shipping. My kit with selected add-ons came to $775, but that was about a year ago...your mileage may vary. Add springs (~200, Iron Rock Offroad has the best overall price by about $10, so I went with them) and shocks (2000 F350 2WD KYB gas-adjust for me....don't remember the cost, but I got mine from Amazon w/ free shipping) I primered and then used undercoating spray on mine. You can have them powdercoated.

Look at my thread for possible issues. (ABS sensor breakage) No issues with the kit, just self-created ones. :laugh:

I'm going to do the Missing Link too...or a variant of said brace.