a Dog for my girls

Bruce

Hi All,

I'm thinking about having a dog in house. My daughters are 5 and 3 yo. This dog is not necessary to have guard character. The most important is playing with 2 kids. Also it should be able to jump in R50 rear trunk, I don't like small dog which can jump on only a scooter.

How do you think about Border Collie? All response are highly appreciated. This is the first dog for my girls. I don't have any dog since married.

I'm not a dog expert but have been around a few and I believe a border collie would be a good choice for what you describe. They are smart, loyal, will herd your kids, is big enough not to be obnoxious but still not have Godzilla sized turds.

B

Corgi or boarder collie. The corgis is about as small as you'll want too go and there very loving dogs. Boarder collies are the same but a little larger and need too be brushed more too prevent mats.

I'd ad Huskies too it but there larger then what you probly need or want.

Personally, if I were in the 'market' for a dog, I'd pop my head into some local non-corporate veterinary hospital and see if there were any that fit my needs (don't be afraid to ask and specify) that were in need of a home. Not only is it a cheaper alternitave but its a humane way to give a dog a good home that's in need and not putting money into some over-breeders pocket

• Like 1

Agree with Nunya. I am not going to buy a dog. Here in Taiwan, the street cleaner will catch any dog fooling around on street then send them to a shelter. If the dogs are homeless or the owner doesn't come to get his dog back, these dogs will be dead after 15 days. We do this to prevent stray dog problem.

So 2 days ago I went to the dog shelter and picked a cute girl home. It's a small, black dog, about 6 months. The shelter doctor told at least 2 weeks from my kids because every dog must take a vaccine before leaving. Now the dog is at my home now, $3 for the handling charge only.

However I didn't heel happy to save a dog, but feel sad to see all the rest dogs gone. I don't understand why people leave their dogs on street without any care.