new question...differences between Pathfinder and Terrano?

bushnut

Terrano is the RHD version of the Pathfinder which is LHD. Terranos had a diesel option but Pathfinders did not or at least not that I know of. They are the same body and frame wise. Now Terrano II on the other hand is a pile of crap.

iirc from what I've noticed with some of the other members from countries with the availability of both, Terranos are diesel, Pathfinders are gas/petrol. RHD can be on both of them, not specific to one or the other. They are on the same frame/suspensions (wd21's at least) from what I've seen from members here as well and would assume they were similar or at least close enough to be workable as switchable parts throughout the 4x4 system as long as from the same generation but am not hands on sure

• 3 weeks later...

The Uk has had the Pathfinder for quite a while.

pathfinder.jpg

but we are talking about terrano I. vs pathy wd21

I could've sworn that I read somewhere on here that the Terrano uses a R180A front diff, while the V6 Pathfinder uses R200A, but I could be way out to lunch on that.

no, i have european terrano v6 with r200

... Now Terrano II on the other hand ....

.... The 720, WD21, D21, D21U, WD22, D22U and R50 all use the ....

but we are talking about terrano I. vs pathy wd21

You did not clarify who or what is 'only for us', after all there is Pathfinder (R50) 1996-2004 called Terrano II in markets outside North America and Pathfinder (R51) 2005-2012 called Pathfinder worldwide for standardization.

The R50 Pathfinder/Terrano was a completely different vehicle as it is constructed in unibody format as opposed to the ladder chassis of the WD21 Terrano/Pathfinder. Diesel engined vehicles were only available in Japan and Europe.

When I seen others mentioning the Terrano II, 720, D21, D21U, WD22, D22U and R50 I understood the question was about Pathfinder v's Terrano in general.

I am unable to give an answer on the issue of front diffentials.

Pathfinder and Terrano are pretty much the same here....jap imports are terrano's, both V6 and Diesel, and Pathfinders are the local equivalent, though they came with a little 4cyl petrol as well as the v6 and diesel options. Most Terrano's seem to be optioned better, but You could get it all here too, we're just too cheap....

• Like 1

Terranos were the JDM version with upspec interiors and mostly Diesel/Automatic combos. Pathfinders were sold pretty much everywhere else in the world. In Australia we had the ST and TI versions with the TI being the luxury spec.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Indonesia we only get Terrano's, in a few variants:

Terrano Spirit S1: the base 4 cyl (Z24) model, doesn't have much in the way of options installed

Terrano Spirit S2: the kitted out 4 cyl model, has AC, power locks, power windows, etc.

The Spirits are all RWD.

Terrano Kingsroad: 4 cyl 4WD base model

Terrano Granroad: 4 cyl 4WD kitted out model

The 4WD ones I'm not entirely sure on, there's no reference material around anymore :)

They're all WD21 based, though, and most of the ones you see driving around are from the 1998-2004 year range since they kept on producing them here for a while, it seems a lot of them were meant for Japanese export but never got exported and were instead sold locally.

Practically there's no real difference between a Pathfinder and a Terrano beyond the thing that the later model (2000-up) Terrano's still use the late 90's body style.