Anyone warped there body putting a body lift on?

Hangdiver

I just put a 3" body lift on. I know, I know, I should have only gone with the 2" lift....

Now my front seats are canted inward.

The two center bolts that go up through the body, one is really tight, and the one on the right won't align up.

I'm going to try jacking the center body on each side of the xfer case and see if I can correct it.

I just can't find where it's binding up.

Any have any suggestions?

Rob

The driveshaft hoop was not unbolted when jacking up the body. It's under the seat area, I did the same thing when I did my bodylift. Shoulda read the instructions... but I thought I knew better :shrug:

The driveshaft hoop was not unbolted when jacking up the body. It's under the seat area, I did the same thing when I did my bodylift. Shoulda read the instructions... but I thought I knew better :shrug:

No, it was all attached. Even made sure the doors were fully shut.

seats-canted.jpg

I guess I can read either. I actually did read the instructions, but completely missed that step.

It's funny how when we miss a step on something, it's always an important one!

Thanks so much for the info. I'll give that a try this afternoon.\

That's pretty straight forward. My advice with the front is leave it on the ground (or only lightly jacked to reduce effort), grease/oil the threads on the adjustment bolts, and just crank the height from there. Bounce the front end a few times to let things adjust (drive it around the block), but don't adjust in the air. Everyhting will spring and not give you good feedback right away...

B

That's pretty straight forward. My advice with the front is leave it on the ground (or only lightly jacked to reduce effort), grease/oil the threads on the adjustment bolts, and just crank the height from there. Bounce the front end a few times to let things adjust (drive it around the block), but don't adjust in the air. Everyhting will spring and not give you good feedback right away...

B

Thanks Precise1, I'll find out on Sat/Sun.

When you did the body lift and needed to knoch the floorboard of the 4x4 shifter, did you take the band that's on there off?

Currently I can't go into 4 low. I just don't know if I want to try cutting through that band also.

I installed a 2" body lift which lessens the issue and have a D21(hardbody pickup) shifter installed (they are bent differently due tio a factory 1.5" lift) courtesy of the awesome Admin here, Redpath88.

Heating and bending or cutting and welding the shifter is really the prefered method over cutting the sheet metal, but to each their own. Plenty of writeups on the mods...

Wait a minute, you're saying to drive/bounce it before I make any adjustments, right?

It should be in it's settled state when you start the work, as long as it is flat and level. When you make adjustments (mainly for the front) bounce/move (better, drive) it after adjustments and let it settle for a bit before measuring. If you crank the front end high, expect to have to align the wheels.

B

Yeah, I did the same thing when I di mine. Missed the driveshaft hoop. As a added bonus, I crushed a sport in the rocker panel doing so(I was using the lift at work). I used some spacers and longer bolts to even my seats out. Otherwise, I'm not to worried about if.

Also if you modify the shift lever, you probably wouldn't have to modify the rubber boot. Trust me, you do not want to drive one of these without that boot in there.

I 100% agree with this. When I first got my Pathy that boot was ripped up. The smell and the heat that came in from there was pretty bad. Mod the shifter. You'll be glad you did.