A/C NOT WORKING NEED HELP

NEWBSTER87

Ok so I was installing a radio into my 92 pathfinder didn't take the ground wire off the battery and blew the radio/ac fuse. I replaced the fuse but now the ac wont work i'm afraid I just burned the circuit. I hope I blew a relay looks like whoever replaced the ac fuse last put a 20 amp instead of a 10 amp :/ any suggestions or help would be appreciated .

Edit: Please avoid using all Caps. Using all caps make posts harder to read for the average forum user and many just skip over them instead of reading and helping. ;)

Edited by RedPath88
Removed All Caps

Yikes.

First thing I would do is uninstall the radio and start at that point first. Not saying NOT to reinstall it later, but that is the point where the issue began correct?

Next I would start tracing wires, looking for any signs of a short...

And of course consult the FSM for wiring diagrams, it helps tremendously!!

As for the larger fuse... once you get it back in service, put the right size back in there...

• 1 month later...

First check fuse for AC, did the light in the switch come on before you installed the radio? When you installed the radio did you connect the ground for the radio to a ground in the factory harness because there is no ground in the harness the radio needs to be grounded to metal some where.

It is possible for the bulb in the switch to be bad too. When you press the AC button you get nothing?

There is an AC relay in the corner under the hood near where the cruise control vacuum pump is (same side as the battery), if the AC relay is blue you can swap it out with another blue relay to test it, all the blue relays that look the same are the same.

According to the FSM for my 94 the fuse that goes to the AC switch is a 15 amp

As dumb as it may sound....

make sure the fuse in the block is making connection. pull the fuse and look up in the slot on the bloack. make sure the metal slots the blade goes into are not spread out too wide.

I have seen this before..... :happy: