Grill mounting clips

dirtx

Those things are annoying. I have like two left while the rest are zip ties. You can't really put zip ties into the corners because of how the sheet metal is welded.

just because I had the hood open this morning I had to elaborate as to why this is incorrect

d859de0e.jpg

not to bring up a 2 week old subject, just though of it when I was staring at my bright red zip ties :crazy: the things I think of while checking fluids...

You check your fluids? Jk

Hey I snagged a few at the local yard. When I was leaving, I put em on the counter and the guy was like "uhhhh what are these?" I told him, and he was like...."uhmm just give me a dollar so I can get a coke man." Best deal I've gotten in years. Haha

just because I had the hood open this morning I had to elaborate as to why this is incorrect

d859de0e.jpg

not to bring up a 2 week old subject, just though of it when I was staring at my bright red zip ties :crazy: the things I think of while checking fluids...

:aok:

Apparently there is a hole there! I'm pretty sure I did not have one there but I have to check again now. :blink:

TIE WRAPS !!!! Tie wraps are things you find when you just buy a used vehicle !! Come on, do it right, set an example. Here are 2 crappy getting dark out pics of my clips, keep in mind I have to use this type of clip as my aftermarket grille does not have the same holes as a OEM one:

screw tight:

2n65a9u.jpg

the clip, they are nice because they have room to move in the rectangle hole, never had a problem with one pulling out:

331evso.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

some junkyards down here if you tell them you need the grille clips they will tell you that you have to buy the whole grille, they don't want to separate any parts, probably why their vehicles are sitting there rusting, I don't bother with the junkyards like that anymore. Like if you want to buy the steering wheel they will say you have to buy the whole column !!!

Probably why people just pocket the little stuff.

i just ziptie mine on it takes 1 min to take it on and off then.

Just did this to mine too. And yes I agree it comes off in no time at all and installs pretty damn fast too. Can't complain. I hate those stock clips. Even if they didn't fall apart they're annoying at best.