Cranking Torsion Bars

Guest 0pti0n

I believe he was implying that you just rig something up. 88 has some hard, reinforced rubber mats in there (probably helps isolate also). Fab skills help here, but 1" should not be difficult to do...

B

You know those construction cone type deals that are just tall orange plastic tubes sticking out of a rubber mat base? Try and find an old rubber base for one of those, that's usually 1" thick stuff. Then use a coffee can to outline a circle, cut it out carefully with a utility knife, and go from there. The spacer should go on top if you're just using one.

88 is also enforcing the thing called "American Ingenuity." Basically, come up with something that works, is acceptable, then run with it. This, of course, is why we love this guy. A true Junkyard Warrior, a master of the dark and dirty arts.

You know those construction cone type deals that are just tall orange plastic tubes sticking out of a rubber mat base? Try and find an old rubber base for one of those, that's usually 1" thick stuff.

Some of those rings are just sidewalls from old tires. Maybe you could find a take-off at a local garage (although the thought of you scurrying across a busy highway at midnight to swipe a traffic cone is pretty funny). :P

• 2 weeks later...

ok dont get mad at me if this is a repeated question but im still a little confused with the t-bars concept. im getting 31*10.50 and it might rub a little so uping the t-bars will stop that right? does the t-bars up the front and the back? sorry im a new driver and pathy owner

Probably it is rubbing because the torsion bar is sagged, so if you crank it up or reindex the rubing will stop. ;)

But it will only raise the front end. To raise the rear end you'll have to add a poliurethane block or change the stock coils.

The front end of mym Pathy was a little bit down, I just crank it up to get 1"1/2 and now it is almost back to original height. The tires are Goodyear Wrangler AT 255/75R15, diameter 763mm (30"). No rubbing. I don't think it would rub if I had Wrangler 31" instead, they are just 777mm (30"1/2 truly).

As I'm planning to change to a nominal 31" which is truly about 800mm (31"1/2), I'll be reindexing the torsion bars this week and see what happens... The tires will be delivered in 3 or 4 weeks and are mudder ones... :D

:beer: THat is so darn funny!! That's what I did for my rear lift exept I used an old tire that was put out in front of my neighbors house. I bought a Daystar 2" spacer and it didn't work then it just hit me about the tire in the front yard!

A razor blade and a little time and you can get the exact lift you want. Mine's about 2" in the rear and 1.75" in front.

• 4 weeks later...

-bounce- :laugh:

Alright Fellow Pathy's,

I got my 3" CALMINI Lift on and just had it aligned. Looking sweet! I think once I get my Stroker motor done, then a 3" body-lift with 33-35" tires will come into play. That will be awhile though. I'll try to get some pic's with-in the next few days for everyone to see.

Hope you like!

:beer: