potential buy?

so i found a pathfinder for cheap the guy hit a deer, and im wondering if its worth it to drive the 4 hours to pick it up. Specifically what I am wondering is if all the damages look like they can be replaced without having to heat/weld anything. I have access to all the parts I would need, but im a bit confused on what could be removed from this specific area of a pathfinder. Here is the link with pictures http://lascruces.en.craigslist.org/pts/3083541627.html.

Haha I saw that ad too, no $ to invest right now or I would have that r50. Personally I don't know how hard it would be to replace the front end but there doesn't seem to be too much damage really. What do you want it for (dd, parts)? If you don't care how it looks and want a 2nd vehicle, you could probly just replace the radiator and I bet it would run. Only problem with that is if the mounts are messed up to attach the rad. to. If you can't get it streetworhy then you could part it out. I say go for it if you have some tools and time.

i got t-boned in my pathfinder the other day so i wanted to buy this one and take my lift, bumpers, and such off and move it to another vehicle. So i have all the parts needed i just dont know whether or not the extent of the damage looks like welding and heating would be needed (which i dont want to do). Also on a seperate note i go to nmsu and i really was looking for other pathfinder owners that like to go out wheeling...do you go out often?

Oh that sucks, at least you're ok tho. I just looked at the ad again and couldn't tell if that one is even 4 wheel drive. I can only see one shift lever in the interior pic. If that is the case and you wanna have 4wd it'll take a lot more than just swapping parts over. But like I said I don't know how hard fixing that front end would be.. Maybe someone who has more experience with that can chime in.

As for wheeling often, no I don't. My main problem is company, none of my friends have 4x4 vehicles. I'm pretty confident in my trucks but hate the idea of being stuck in the desert, so I don't go wheeling alone anymore. We should go together tho and that problem is solved.

Yeah I talke to the guy and he said it was 4wd but I wa skeptical because I couldn't see the shifter either...but yeah I love to go out and off road but I go with jeep guys and they are a little more hardcore then me haha

So I'm going to pick it up today and I have one question that top crossmember that has the radiator mounts and that holds the hood latch one this car it's bent so I have to replace it but it's not held on by bolts it's like tacked in with welds how do I replace this??

Nice, hopefully everything switches over easily. I'd probly be interested in buying those tires if you wanna get rid of them. And ya, I really haven't found moderate trails, just desert roads or extreme stuff like the Robledo mountains. Where do you guys usually go?

yeah there is nothing fun unless its "too fun" haha but yeah i will probably be getting rid of the tires soon. I have to get my lift on this vehicle and put my tires on there but after that i can let you know and we can discuss something. but as far as the damage it looks easily fixable since i have the donor car the a/c got messed up and im not a big a/c guy so we will see how the swap goes

Oh ya I hadn't thought about the A/C. It might not be necessary but it sure is nice to have here in the summertime. Did you get the fender switched over without any problems? But ya, just let me know about the tires when you're ready.

i got my fender out and now all i am doing is removing the core support and there is a small portion of the wheel well that i need to remove but im not quite sure what is holding it in