fuel injectors

AzZo

Help,Please,Help,hey everybody engine light came on pathy then it ran rough.Then it would stop after a few blocks and run fine.Go figure.I ran a self diagnostic test and it came up with a code # 51 injector circuit.Any suggestions would be a great help. As I have found your input to be invaluble.Seriously your all the best!!!

Its a dead/non functioning injector. Take a screwdriver, hold it up to your ear and the other end on each fuel injector. A working injector you will hear tapping, a dead injector....is dead.

checked passenger side fuel injectors got an ohm reading of 12 ohm on two of them the third read 35 ohms.the manual states 12 ohms is normal could not reach the driver side injectors as they are under the plenum.Should I replace that injector?

You are better off posting stuff like this in the garage. Did you put a screwdriver to your ear and then to the injector with the high ohm reading? Can you hear it clicking while running?

oKAY HAVE A HIGH OHM READING ON INJECTOR 35 OHMS ALL OTHERS AT 12 OHMS . CLEANED UP LEADS STILL 35 OHMS.WILL RUN ENGINE NEXT AND USE SCREWDRIVER TO SEE IF I CAN HEAR INJECTOR CLICKING .WILL LET YOU KNOW RESULTS.POSSIBLE BAD INJECTOR ? OR MAYBE WIRING HARNESS FROM ECU TO INJECTOR ?

I'd use something closer to 800 grit, but worth a shot.

Check your ECU for codes to see if you have an injector issue registering. Does it run poorly, smell rich or have bad gas mileage? What does the spark plug look like compared to one with a 'good' injector?

That said, I had an injector fail on our R50. At first it was only when it was warmed up and restarted, but then it failed all together. Even if it works fine now, it might be on the way out. You might want to start looking for a replacement; I bought a used set from N(issan)O(nly)W(reckers) up by Sacramento Ca and have had no problems for 15,000 or so.

B

Hey Azzo, I went ahead and merged your 3 threads into one since they were all pretty much the same. Please don't create multiple threads for the same subjects because it causes confusion 2 ways. If I had read this thread first, I wouldn't have even bothered to type 1/2 of my first post as the questions are answered here. Likewise, if there are multiple threads, when someone searches in the future it is far harder to find the material , ie more threads to go through and easier to get confused.

Not ragging on you, just explaining how we try to do things here for the sake of organization. Trust me, it's hard enough to do already. Thanks. :aok:

Now, back to bgetting your injector situation worked out...

B

You are better off posting stuff like this in the garage. Did you put a screwdriver to your ear and then to the injector with the high ohm reading? Can you hear it clicking while running?

Yes I did put a screwdriver to injector and it is clicking. so I guess its working could the fail safe mode be on in the pathy.And if it was'nt working would I be running on 5 cylinders.OH thanks for suggestions I did post on the garage instead.Sorry I am new to all this. THANKS AGAIN TROGDOR.

fold up some 200 grit sandpaper or a jewelers file and sand the terminals and measure again. The oe injector connections are very prone to corrosion.

Thanks my1path I did carefully sand terminals and remeasure again still getting 35 ohms instead of the normal 12 ohms like all the other fuel injectors.I checked all injectors to be sure they are all clicking and they are even the 35 ohm one.I am truly stumped on this one still getting a code #51.

If it's cutting in and out, I'd check the wiring to the dead injector before replacing it. There might be a loose/corroded connection making intermittent contact.

yes I think you may be right. On the injector in question it's still clicking like it's working the pathy isn't running on 5 cylinders.Could it be in fail safe mode? AS you can tell I am quite new to all this.Thanks I plan to remove passenger seat tomorrow and check wiring from E C U to the injector in question.Will keep everyone posted.

Did you test the injector at the injector connector or at the computer?

I tested it at the injector connector will pull passenger seat next and check at computer.I still have a code #51 will keep everyone posted.thanks again.

Hey Azzo, I went ahead and merged your 3 threads into one since they were all pretty much the same. Please don't create multiple threads for the same subjects because it causes confusion 2 ways. If I had read this thread first, I wouldn't have even bothered to type 1/2 of my first post as the questions are answered here. Likewise, if there are multiple threads, when someone searches in the future it is far harder to find the material , ie more threads to go through and easier to get confused.

Not ragging on you, just explaining how we try to do things here for the sake of organization. Trust me, it's hard enough to do already. Thanks. :aok:

Now, back to bgetting your injector situation worked out...

B Thanks,precise1 no i dont think your ragging your right I'm sorry I am new to all this and new to computers.will pull passenger seat next and check wiring from E C U to the injector in question which is number #5 cylinder.and keep you all posted.Thanks Again.Your advice has been invaluble.

I'd use something closer to 800 grit, but worth a shot.

Check your ECU for codes to see if you have an injector issue registering. Does it run poorly, smell rich or have bad gas mileage? What does the spark plug look like compared to one with a 'good' injector?

That said, I had an injector fail on our R50. At first it was only when it was warmed up and restarted, but then it failed all together. Even if it works fine now, it might be on the way out. You might want to start looking for a replacement; I bought a used set from N(issan)O(nly)W(reckers) up by Sacramento Ca and have had no problems for 15,000 or so.

B

Yes I have a feeling injectors on the way out diagonstic code#51 spark plugs look fine.Hey what did those injectors cost you for 6 ? Also, Santa ROSA HUH,I am born and raised in bay area S.F. Lived in slowvato in marin county for a while used to go up to santa rosa city weekly and to santa rosa airport for my job.now living in IOWA midwest is a little slower paced.Just watching the corn grow HA HA.Thanks again for your help.will keep posted on situtation.over and out.

Another once-local!! I lived on Ignacio for years (other side of the freeway), once on Alameda Del Prado which you must know. Hey, find life is as hectic as you make it. I hardly ever go down to the Bay Area and generally just enjoy my yard, garden and garage.

Yes I have a feeling injectors on the way out diagonstic code#51 spark plugs look fine.Hey what did those injectors cost you for 6 ? Also, Santa ROSA HUH,I am born and raised in bay area S.F. Lived in slowvato in marin county for a while used to go up to santa rosa city weekly and to santa rosa airport for my job.now living in IOWA midwest is a little slower paced.Just watching the corn grow HA HA.Thanks again for your help.will keep posted on situtation.over and out.

IIRC the injectors from NOW were $160+ shipping, but I got the full set still in the rails with the cross lines and pressure regulator too. Not a bad price, but more than you need right now. I think I have the set of injectors from my parts truck in my garage, I'll look for them tonight and see what color they are...

B

Looks like blue paint to me, so yeah, I have a spare set. They do match my own in the WD21 so I'll keep some, but I can spare 1 at least. PM me if you are interested.

B

yea I know my way around Ignacio, Red boy pizza! Ive shopped at the safeway there to. But alas met a gal from a small town in IOWA. Had a little girl and moved here. Its a change but I agree with you lifes as hectic as you make it.Hey you don't even pay for your gasoline out here until youve pumped it. Right ! When I first went up to pay first the guy looked at me like I was crazy.mayberry rfd.HA,ha!! Thanks PRECISE1