bad starter

ahardb0dy

THE SAGA CONTINUES !!!! I am so pissed right now !!!!

I called the auto parts company where I ordered the Bosch starter from to see if it shipped yet, the guy I spoke to said the order is marked as "pending" and he does not know why. He said the person I ordered it from is off today so he can not ask him why it is pending. I told this guy the first person I spoke to said they did not have this part but he said one of his vendors was showing they had 2. When I called back to place the order I asked if they could confirm the other vendor still had the 2 starters and he told me how their inventory is updated daily and they will have it. So now instead of possibly receiving my order on Monday I have to wait until Monday just to see if they can actually get it or not !! Another week now !!! So pissed right now it's not funny !!! Than he tells me well maybe they can't get it and they could substitute a different part !! I told him I do not want a different part I want the one I paid for, oh they charged my card already too!!,

Ready to hurt someone right now !!!!

update, the first guy I spoke to from this auto parts store sent me an e-mail at 8:00 this morning asking if I had the order number, I replied the order number is in the e-mail I sent you. !! So I called them and spoke to this same guy. He said the problem was their vendor who he claimed had 2 of these starters in stock apparently did not, he claims the vendor is Bosch themselves, He said Bosch can send out a reman starter instead, at this point I'm OK with that but I told him if you can get me the reman Bosch for the same price with no core charge than I will do it, if not cancel the order. He said it wouldn't be a problem and I should have a tracking number by this afternoon. I told him I would call back later if I don't get a tracking number today. I know I'm a pain in the ass but I'm tired of messing with this and just want to be done with it.

Hopefully the Bosch reman is a quality part, ( I HOPE, I HOPE, I HOPE !!!!), haven't gotten an e-mail saying it shipped yet, I'll give them a little while longer before I call them again.

I just can't get a break with this. I spoke to the sales guy yesterday and he said he could get me a reman for the same price I paid with no core charge, I guess we had a miscommunication because today when I got home a package was here already, it was my starter but not the Bosch part, it was some company I never heard of. I promptly called them and spoke to the guy that took my order, explained to him that this is not what I wanted, he is e-mailing the guy I spoke to yesterday and will have to wait until tomorrow to see what they are going to do. I told him either get me the Bosch part I ordered or credit my card and I'll go somewhere else. I just can't win with this !!

Next stop is back to the Beck-arnley part from rockauto

So, I sent an e-mail tot he auto parts store yesterday asking for a refund and told them to send a return shipping label so I can send the wrong starter back to them. Got reply today with all that info. Starter is packed up and will get dropped off at UPS tomorrow. Now have to find another one. Rockauto lists 2 different new starters but no idea if the brands are any good, they are Pure Energy & USA industries, never heard of them. Napa also sells a new starter but doesn't seem like they have any in the local stores or warehouses. Getting tired of dealing with this. I read online somewhere earlier that Autozone reman starters are Bosch but also read a lot of people having trouble with Autozone starters.

Going to call Napa tomorrow to see what they say.

No luck with NAPA !!! ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Guess I'll be the guinea pig, spoke to rockauto customer service about the Pure Energy starter, she said they have sold a few of them and no complaints, so I just ordered one, we will see

Edited by ahardb0dy

New starter arrived today, Pure Energy brand, don't know how it will be but it sure looks Purdy !!

Also received an e-mail from the auto parts store I tried to buy the Bosch starter from letting me know my refund has been approved.

Edited by ahardb0dy

Returned the defective starter to Advance Auto Parts today, was surprised when the manager gave me the core charge back on top of the cost of the starter !