Xterra vs Pathfinder?

TShep704

I haven't been in any newer vehicle that I thought had good visibility... I'm 6'4" and cars are apparently built for short people now. I can't see out of my dad's 07 Fronty unless I hunch forward like an old man, and my mom's Honda CRV is just godawful... the mirror is right in my line of sight, and the A pillar is so thick I have to lean forward to look ahead on left turns. It's probably a crash standard thing that'll come in handy when I can't see where I'm going and pile up against something. </rant>

I'd stick with the Pathy and put a new set of shocks in it... unless it's sagging, I don't think the springs are to blame.

LOL! I'm almost 6' 5"..... For years I could never understand why North America autos were so cramped and uncomfortable compared to Japanese models given that the Japanese themselves are shorter than North Americans. But then lots of folks had trouble understanding all the sex, drugs, rock 'n roll and downtime on North American auto assembly lines.....

The shocks are new Pro-Comp ES9000. Before that I had replaced the stock shocks with Pro Comp ES3000 shocks--even stiffer than the ES9000. The ride is firm but the vehicle will still sway or lurch. Hence my question about replacing the stock springs with new, stiffer springs of the same size, same lift.

X3 on being built for taller folks, visibility aside with work boots on the tilt steering is the only way a guy can get in/out of a WD21 and get your feet past the pedals..

I am still driving my 95 but since the frame on my 91 has officially dissolved, I am looking at my options. I have a ridiculous amount of parts stockpiled for my WD21's (no spare frames rails though).

I have a line on a nice 2003 Xterra, and I am looking into what parts are compatable. It is an interesting exercise,

So far I have concluded there are a lot similarities between models,the X has awesome aftermarket options, and the NPORA search function is not the worst ever, the NPORA moderators are awesome and the content on the P-finder site is highly informative onX's!

That being said a test ride will tell the tale on my X plans.

The shocks are new Pro-Comp ES9000. Before that I had replaced the stock shocks with Pro Comp ES3000 shocks--even stiffer than the ES9000. The ride is firm but the vehicle will still sway or lurch. Hence my question about replacing the stock springs with new, stiffer springs of the same size, same lift.

Ah, I see... and I'm pretty much out of ideas lol. The only spring kits I've seen were for lifting. Still got your sway bars on?