Hey, guys!

No they are two different things. O2 sensor goes on the exaust. The knock sensor I beleive is near the intake. I'll try and take a picture later and post it.

Use the search function... but here it is

http://www.nissanpat...e__hl__bushings

Oh, my gosh! When I looked through the pages and saw nothing I assumed they'd been deleted so I didn't try SEARCHING!!! That just makes too much sense. Going to the shop on base and going to try knocking them out before class at 6pm! Thanks.

O2 sensors = pretty easy on the exhaust as linkinpark said, knock sensor = bit of a bastard. It's under the inlet manifold which you have to remove unless I'm mistaken. I have the sensor, just trying to get up the strength to take off the inlet manifold :blink:

If you have the manifold off you might as well do the spark plugs because the last plug on the drivers side bank is a son' bitch to get to. :jig:

If you have the manifold off you might as well do the spark plugs because the last plug on the drivers side bank is a son' bitch to get to. :jig:

Bit of a understatment!!!!

What happened to all our old topics?
Use the search function... but here it is

http://www.nissanpat...e__hl__bushings

In addition to the search fucntion, you can also change the settings on the topic listing filters

In the forum, where it lists the topics, click the "Custom" button and adjust accordingly.

filtersm.jpg

"I need to replace my timing belt, but apparently they're not easy to do on our engine???"

I did mine a month or two ago, it wasn't that hard. Remove the radiator, fan, belts, etc, then the plastic cover & it's right there. The only problem I had was removing the bolt on the crank pulley, it was frozen in there until I took the drastic step of putting an impact socket on the end of a long bar, wedging it against the frame, removed the dist cap & "kicked" the engine a couple of times to break the sticky bolt free. It worked for me but I don't recommend it unless you know what you're doing (I don't but my buddy does) :laugh:

We marked everything with whiteout so that we could line up all the timing marks, fitted the belt & put it all back together. You might as well replace the water pump while you're at it, it's right there under the timing belt.

The only problem I had was removing the bolt on the crank pulley, it was frozen in there until I took the drastic step of putting an impact socket on the end of a long bar, wedging it against the frame, removed the dist cap & "kicked" the engine a couple of times to break the sticky bolt free.

Yeah, I'd recommend shooting the bolt with a couple hits of PB Blaster the week leading up to your project. Mine came off with an impact wrench. A buddy of mine removes a spark plug and stuffs clean rope (not the abrasive synthetic fiber type) into the cylinder. The piston can't move and aids in removing a stubborn crank pulley bolt.

Bit of a understatment!!!!

I will 2nd that! Just did them on Saturday. Cut up hand and one MIA plug. Had to trek to Autozone for a 7th plug.

I still have a bit of a shudder, but it's better....I think I should have done the plug wires at the same time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As far as the knock senser goes it is a pain to do specially if you have big hands like me, cause its just a little sensor bolted on top of the motor that requires you to tear the top of the motor off to change.