New owner and fallin fast

thndrwhls

I had been looking for a while to find a new ride, for the money I had to spend I wanted to be very chosey. I had been looking at Pathfinders and 4Runners(as I had owned Toyotas b4), after all they are tops in the last a lifetime department.

I found one with only 60k miles and they were asking 6900 in the ad and at a dealer. I though hmm, sounds to good to be true so I drove over there to see what was up. It was already getting dark when I pulled up, I drove around the lot looking for a Pathfinder, the only one I could see was an old 2 door model. I stopped and looked a little closer and realixed that what I thought was a typo was really an "89" Pathfinder, not a 98. No longer to good to be true...

She was white with a proud stance and a big brushgaurd on the front bumper, I had always liked that model. I asked to go for a ride, she started right up and drove good and rode very nice for a 4x4, a little slow but still nice. The interior was outstanding for a 16 year old car and the exterior wasent bad either, paint was a little oxidized but what can you expect from a 16 year old car.

I came back the next day with my cousin who is a mechanic, he looked it over put it on the rack and checked out all nooks and cranys. He liked it and I made the guy an offer, $5000 and my old minivan for taxes title and reg, they said they would have to think about it so I told them to call me when they were ready to talk. I was off the lot all of ten minutes when I got a phone call, the rest is history.

Aside from her needing an o2 sensor, a sensor on the throttle body and new lifts for the rear gate she has been a gem. I have put on a magnaflow muffler and a high flow cat, thorleys are soon to follow. Perhaps the L&P throttle body mods and thats it for a while. She will be my toy when I can afford another car for everyday, nonetheless she is paid for and I am happy.

I am glad I found this forum as I will learn a lot and when I do my upgrades they will be done right.

Glad to be here,

Joe

AKA:THNDRWHLS (comes from me being in a wheelchair not the pathy)

Welcome, and congrats on your purchase. 60K miles on a 89 is a rare find so you will make many people jealous !! Yeah, the pathys kinda grow on you. I knew my 95xe was a good truck (which is why I bought it) but the more I drive it and upgrade worn parts, the more I like it. A lot of people complain about the lack of power and pathys are certainly not drag racers, but that is not what they were designed for. Sounds like you are following all the right mods to boost things up anyway. Keep up the good work, and remember that with a little love, you could drive your new friend another 200K miles !!

Bernard

Welcome aboard thndrwhls,

Like Precise said that a great find, I was lucky to find my 87se with only 65,000 mile two years old; now has 86,000 which I purchased from my cousin. For great mod ideas and fixes you came to the right place.

Good Luck and happy 4wheelin'

LM

Thanks for your replys fellas. I will surely enjoy beintg a part of this thread...

Looking forward to a trip to Michigan next summer to tour the west coast of the state which is loaded with sand dunes.

I'll catch up with ya ...

Joe B)

Thanks for your replys fellas. I will surely enjoy beintg a part of this thread...

Looking forward to a trip to Michigan next summer to tour the west coast of the state which is loaded with sand dunes.

I'll catch up with ya ...

Joe B)

where are you from? MI is super nice even though people aren't always. Have fun playing in the sandbox...