new to 4wds

AzZo

Hey there just picked up a 95 pathfinder XE. Living in the midwest snow country! it's summer now but winters right around the corner.I am semi-retired 52yrs. young and love fixing up old cars trucks you name it.Worked hard all my life so it's hard to just stop.I keep myself always busy.Ha,Ha.Open for any and all sugestions on how to trick out this pathfinder.sincerley.jack.

Welcome! What will you be doing with your pathfinder? Cause my first thought was to suggest a couple small things like a vg33 swap, SAS, front and rear lockers, and lower gears hahaha.. jk, that's if you want it to be a super beast. All that might not be necessary for what you plan to do with it tho. Some good tires alone will take a stock pathy pretty far, how far do you plan on taking yours?

Depnds on what you mean by tricking it out. If you want 20s theres another forum out there for that.

If you want a capable 4wd then you found the best place.

Welcome, have fun and the most people like photos.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to NPORA! You just opened a whole can of worms with your "open to suggestions" comment. These guys are more than happy to recommend ideas. :lol:

thanks I feel right at home already.

Welcome! What will you be doing with your pathfinder? Cause my first thought was to suggest a couple small things like a vg33 swap, SAS, front and rear lockers, and lower gears hahaha.. jk, that's if you want it to be a super beast. All that might not be necessary for what you plan to do with it tho. Some good tires alone will take a stock pathy pretty far, how far do you plan on taking yours?

thanks for the welcome going for a clean look new tires and rims mile markers and cold air intake new muffler dont think i am ready for headers quite yet.

Welcome to NPORA!

First things that come to mind? Timing Belt and External Transmission Cooler (if it's an auto)

You read my mind have 140,000 on pathy and know timing belt has never been changed.thanks a bunch,jack

:yeahthat:

Also, steering... You should at least have a brace over the idler arm.

480165_10150643200214075_644862985_n.jpg

I like how do I go about this?Thanks.jack

Welcome!!

There are a ton of things you can do to these old rigs, and this has got to be the best information pool around...

Some of the greatest guys and gals (Pezzy, Slick) reside here...

Don't mind the bad mouthers, they cannot seem to operate on the golden rule... Even if you are trying to be positive...

For the love of god post up some pictures!!