Just Wondering

Cryphix

SAS is "solid axle swap". You remove the entire front suspension and replace it with a live axle and presumably a multi-link setup. It is a ton of work but it really improves the 4x4 ability.

I think fender flares (when done properly) can make a Pathfinder look good. Probably best to avoid things like 4" exhaust tips, hood scoops, etc.

And what's wrong with a hood scoop?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, check the members rides section and look for things that catch YOUR eye :aok:

I'd start by removing things like the factory running boards. That alone adds an inch or two of "visual height". Maybe paint your factory wheels as well. A couple of members here have done that (two or three guys come to mind fairly recently).

where are the running boards?

Down at the bottom of the car. Its those long plastic things under the front and rear doors that sick out a bit and you can step on.

Down at the bottom of the car. Its those long plastic things under the front and rear doors that sick out a bit and you can step on.

They're sure as hell not plastic, at least not on post-facelift R50s...

Running boards just get my pants dirty as I step in to the vehicle.

I get the point of them for short people / big trucks, but for tall people and/or small trucks, they are just dead weight and in the way.

I like what PA said.. Scratches and dents! Nothin turns heads better than a few scratches and dents. Just please stay out of that sticker area in the parts store. You really dont gain any HP with those its all a myth.

Just please stay out of that sticker area in the parts store. You really dont gain any HP with those its all a myth.

Unless its an NPORA decal. Those don't get you much on the HP but, they do get you through the mud and over the rocks easier.