Cool parts you may not have known existed.

Alkorahil

My 94 standard cab XE 2WD had the lighted floorboards, glovebox, ignition switch, and ashtray. My 94 SE Pathy has all that except the lighted ashtray. Nissan is :crazy: when it comes to putting vehicles together. I just bought some microbulbs and replaced them in my defrost switch, hazard switch, and cruise control switch. I also noticed there is a lighted ring around my cigarette lighter (similar to the ignition) that took a slightly bigger bulb that I'll have to head over to my local parts store and see if I can find a match. Are any of the switches in the center console supposed to have lights in them?

fog light when on has an orange lamp

I believe the heated seat switches do too when on.

Rear glass does not.

Alarm only does when active.

shocks dont IIRC

The rear glass one actually has a bulb and the switch has the prongs for it, but the wiring isn't there for it. I know this because I took my switch apart to fix it.

The rear glass one actually has a bulb and the switch has the prongs for it, but the wiring isn't there for it. I know this because I took my switch apart to fix it.

Yep, I just took it apart since I was bored and discovered the same thing. Strange.

I don't know what bulb the lighted ring around the lighter takes but I have that in my sentra, which being the lowest base "E" model didn't even come stock with a lighter so I added it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's still fine. I'm pretty sure I can stick some lighting fixture in there as long as the wiring is there. :D

BTW

How do they work? When are they supposed to light up?

Edited by Tungsten

I really like the footwell lighting. I usually leave my dome light off, so it's nice to have SOME light in the cab when getting in. I always find dome lights too bright.

Same here!!!!