Make Pathy Louder/ Brush Guard

Cryphix

I was wondering what type of exust should i get/ can i get to make my pathy sound louder and just all around better. Also what is a good brush guard for a 96 pathy?

Edited by Cryphix

sound is gonna be a personal opinion deal, the whole to each their own thing.

Ok, i guess i mean like where is a good place to look for the best deals?

I've found that unless you're doing the cutting and welding, your best deal is probably a muffler shop. I've gotten the labor rate increased by bringing in my own to have put in.

Still not too familiar with Nissan options as far as cat back systems. But flowmaster has always worked for me. Warning, I've gone back to stock both times from having my brains rattled out. That was on my Toyota though. My Pathfinder has a stronger motor so I can only expect it be even lowder

You can get selectable mufflers now, there's a little baffle inside that you can actuate from the dashboard. Goes from loud to quiet pretty quickly. It's more of a rice rocket thing, though.

I've heard a cold air intake makes the exhaust sound a little deeper.

Yeah the Deck Plate Mod we've been talking about the last few days def made a difference in the sound. On my old Yota though.

Edited by KTempleton

I was wondering what type of exust should i get/ can i get to make my pathy sound louder and just all around better. Also what is a good brush guard for a 96 pathy?

Weird you inquired about that model year. I just pulled a (unknown to me) muffler from a '96 Pathy at my local U-Pull-It. I also grabbed the LCA and various interior trinkets along with the rear sway bar. I think that with that many parts from the '96, I should round my Pathy down to a "99". :lol:

• Like 1

Flowmasters are a chambered design and are usually really bad for interior noise because of this. The best mufflers, in my opinion, are turbo-style which is what cars come from the factory with. You can get ones that sound great without "rattling your brains out" as KTempleton put it.

Flowmasters are a chambered design and are usually really bad for interior noise because of this. The best mufflers, in my opinion, are turbo-style which is what cars come from the factory with. You can get ones that sound great without "rattling your brains out" as KTempleton put it.

Ok ill try and look for one of those, thanks again guys and ill let you know how my search goes :)

remove all resonators and replace muffler.

If you have extra money, also replace stock cat-backs with high flow ones. Size of tubing should be 2 1/4" for power gains.

Edited by Alfredo24PR

I purchased a Spyder Brush Guard on Ebay for $225 shipping included. It's actually pretty well made & has saved my front end from quite a few knocks & bangs. You can see the guard on most of the photos that show my Pathy. Here's an old shot but it shows the guard well........

photo2.jpg

Yeah, that looks like my aluminium guard. I dig the bars over the head lights. Cryphix, find out where Brit got his. That is a good deal if you just want the rugged look. It can withstand the added weight of off road lights but, I wouldn't try to attach a winch to it!

I got my brush guard from carid.com, I love the way it looks but I mainly got it because I do alot of highway driving at night. Deer strikes are quite common around here. I think I should have went all the way though and got a proper steel arb bumper with built in grill guard like I see on some people here's pathy's. Those things look tough!!

It can withstand the added weight of off road lights but, I wouldn't try to attach a winch to it!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree! It's a Tactical Armor Group "WIncher" bumper when I can afford it!!!