weird headlight issue

edicer2

So i was driving at night with my headlights on and all of the sudden my pass side headlight went out so i hurried home so i wouldnt get a ticket or something dumb for that. At first i thought it was my bulb or the ballast from my projectors but those tested out fine it was my factory headlight socket. I am not getting power to it and before anyone goes off and says my HIDs wrecked it I would like to say i dont think they did since i only had the low beams hooked up and the high beam doesnt get power on that socket either or in the wires on the way to the socket. Could this be a relay problem or might it be something deeper? I have never messed with the relays for the headlights so i will need to figure out where they are. I do still have pretty much all the relays from my old pathfinder but not sure if thats it or not. Anyone else have this problem and what was the fix? Right now i fixed it with a relayed harness that uses my passenger side socket as a trigger to turn them on and it pulls power from the battery instead but would like to have both sockets working for if i ever want to switch back to the other way.

I had some wacky problems with my high and low beams. I ended up just replacing the whole light switch that attachs to the steering column and no more problems.

I had some wacky problems with my high and low beams. I ended up just replacing the whole light switch that attachs to the steering column and no more problems.

You can actually take that apart and clean it, its fixed my headlight issue on every Hardbody I have ever owned. Has not happened on the Pathy yet.

You can actually take that apart and clean it, its fixed my headlight issue on every Hardbody I have ever owned. Has not happened on the Pathy yet.

Yeah I took it apart and cleaned it. Mine had some of that white electrical grease in it so I cleaned all that out real good and added new grease same kind and it did work for about a week then it started acting up again so I said screw it and bought a new one.

what one would i want? I have a 92 SE v6 vg30e 5 speed manual 4x4 offroad. I am not sure if i need the top left or top right? its on a non cali also i am in MN and this was bought in nebraska if that helps. I guess i could pop my out and see if i have that extra cord on it.

http://www.courtesyp..._5573_5611_5616

Edited by edicer2

yeah i have cruse that works so i will want to keep that feature. I will check my terminals but i am pretty sure its the switch like others have said. Only one way to tell i gues ill check the battery tonight if that doesnt fix it ill just buy a new switch since they are cheap only like 60 bucks.

Is the one with cruise the one with the blue wire on it?

Edited by edicer2