Need some help in Washington

k9sar

My family is taking a cruise in July and I am in need of some assistance. I know very little about the Seattle area but need to fly into SeaTac, get a place to stay and get to the cruise port the next day. Does anyone know if there are any hotels that are located where they will shuttle to both the airport and to the seaport? Is anyone in the area willing to spend a few hours shuttling 8 of us between the airport and hotel or the hotel and pier? Anyone have a big house that wants to let 8 strangers crash there forr the night? I am also looking to figure out a similar thing on the return since we really won't be able to catch a flight to the east coast once we get back to Seattle. Well spend that night there then fly out in the morning.

anyone? :shrug:

I do no know the public transit system very well here but I do know that it works pretty well. There's allot of water around here so I'm not sure which seaport you mean.

This is our local transit website, hopefully it helps. http://www.soundtransit.org/

My pathy don't have room for 8 of you lol but it would be cool to say hi or grab a bite while you're in the area.

I dont believe that there is a direct shuttle from any hotel to the seaport. You should be able to find a shuttle from the airport to the seaport terminials via your cruise line. I did this when I went to Ft. Lauderdale, and it was pretty easy. Even if you had to get a room at one of the hotels near the airport(there are pleanty), you could double back to the airport in the morning(most local hotels have shuttles), then catch the shuttle to the pier terminal. You could cut out the middle man and just take a cab, but it might cost you more to do that. If I was closer, I would be more than willing to help. IIRC, there are some hotels near the seaport pier, but im sure they are expensive. The trade off is that you could see a few sights in Seattle if you wanted. The trip between the airport and piers is about 20 minutes, depending on traffic.

ok, I'm playing games. I'm getting free airline tickets (cashing in miles), a free hotel room for Friday night (rewards points) and am working on a cheap rental car (preferred customer perks). Looks like I have the trip out covered except for the quick trip from the airport to pier66 (I think) after dropping off the rental. I might have a relative in the area available to give me that last final leg or I could just drop some cash on a taxi. On the return trip, we'll be getting off the ship and trying to get directly to the airport. I don't want to rent another car just for an hour or two so does anyone have suggestions for getting 4-6 people + luggage to the airport? Is there a shuttle service in the area that runs vans for a reasonable price?

Also. it looks like we'll be in Seattle on friday afternoon with nothing to do and a rental car. Also looking for possible suggestions of things to do that afternoon or evening other than kick back at the hotel and wait for morning.

Rental car? sounds like we need to go to Evans! Can't hurt borrowed equipment right? ;)

I'd love to help shuttle you, but I don't have the pathfinder at the moment..

But I also don't have any suggestions. the Metro system around here is very awesome, and from the hotels right near the airport, you can get to basically anywhere! Granted, that might be a bit cumbersome with luggage.

• 3 weeks later...

So I think I have it mostly booked. All I need now is a way to get from the hotel in south Renton to 4th ave to the Hertz rental place. It's only a few miles but I really don't want to walk it. :-)

If I can't find a ride, I'll just rent the car from the airport location (it costs more) rather than in Renton.

Now to work on my return trip...

I think they will come pick me up at the hotel. It's only a few miles away and I think I read that they do offer that courtesy service.