easy mileage/performance upgrades

Why would someone shoot there own vehicle??

I had a second rear window for my path and I was curious to find out if I actually had bullet proof windows, and yes I was a bit high at the time I did it :happy::lol:

Edited by 300zxtt

So back to the topic at hand, when putting in an electric fan where is the best place to draw power from? Then where to connect so that it will come on and off at the proper temp? I am a R50 noob. I am in the process of replacing the timing belt, cam seals, valve cover gaskets, and then a tune up. Mine has 174,xxx miles on the ticker, and it is my daily driver. I too am trying to get the most bang for my buck for fuel milage. I am also planning a set of manual hubs in the near future. I have been working on my sons 05 Xterra OR for the past few years, and when this R50 came up for sale I jumped on it as a good project. Thanks for all the good info!!!

Edited by paoldschool

Best place to draw power from? Obviously the battery. I use a simple auto on/off kit that I bought off ebay for like $25, its just a rad fin probe and a few wires to a heavy duty relay (dual fans can pull 25+ amps). Turns on @ 190 turns off at 180 I think. They even sell adjustable ones for a bit more money

I wouldnt say I noticed a fuel mileage gain since I dont really pay attention to mileage with how little I drive, but the few extra ponies you may free up, and all the space in the engine bay you gain but ridding of the shroud and fan that can take your hand off, is more than worth my hundred dollars.

• Like 1

Where you will really notice the e-fan is in the summer with the a/c on. You won't have the massive drag with the fan clutch going full out trying to cool the truck at idle/city speeds.

I see you live in Gatineau. You should come wheeling with us sometime. But leave the weed at home.

Haha sure will, as soon as I go and buy a new pathfinder because my previous one, the one I shot, got totaled by an old lady who whent in the middle of the road because of black ice...oh and my driveshaft just drop just like that after the accident, it pop out of the tranny, I was a bit surprise of that