Looking for PICS of Pathfinder

findmypath

I have a 03 LE and I'm looking to buy a brush guard and a guard for the rear lights but I don't know what looks better on my car. BLACK OR CHROME? I have a Brushed pewter color. Any pics or link greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Do you guys that have the brush guard offroad much?

The reason I ask - is that the general consensus among a lot of people I know who offroad dont care for the brushguards (or "shopping carts") as they can, in some cases, cause more damage (as opposed to protecting)... I am wondering what your thoughts were...

Also, If this is a concern - would getting a 'bull bar' (just the bar that comes up the front middle - but doesnt cover the lights) be better - or less likely to cause damage?

I have neither... but I do like the look of some of them - and as I cant see myself dropping the $1200 (USD, plus customs and duty and whatever other charges customs feels like adding) on an ARB Bumper... I am wondering about alternate places to mount lights... (besides the roof of course)

Do you have to remove your towhooks to mount the Manik brushguard? I just got mine today, but it looks like the lower mounts take the place of the towhooks.

I did not have to remove mine, but I beleive that the brush guard shares some of the mounting holes that the tow hooks use. ;)

Do you guys that have the brush guard offroad much?

The reason I ask - is that the general consensus among a lot of people I know who offroad dont care for the brushguards (or "shopping carts") as they can, in some cases, cause more damage (as opposed to protecting)... I am wondering what your thoughts were...

Also, If this is a concern - would getting a 'bull bar' (just the bar that comes up the front middle - but doesnt cover the lights) be better - or less likely to cause damage?

I have neither... but I do like the look of some of them - and as I cant see myself dropping the $1200 (USD, plus customs and duty and whatever other charges customs feels like adding) on an ARB Bumper... I am wondering about alternate places to mount lights... (besides the roof of course)

I offroad a fair amount with mine on, but if I had to do it over again, I probably wouldn't get one. I originally wanted one because they looked cool, and I didn't know much about 4wheeling. My main gripe is that it hurts the approach angle a fair amount. Also, like you suggested, it is not strong enough to hold up well to a hit, so it could derfinitely cave in to the hood or front area and cause more damage than would have been caused w/o one. However, I still think it looks cool, and it does actually help protect the headlights from rocks/trees etc. :D A bulll bar, on the other hand, is meant to withstand hits and not cause damage to the vehicle. They are strong enough to mount a winch on (another thing the brush guard can't do), and also have mounting holes for lights. Like you said though, they are pricey. :rolleyes:

a brush guard will hold up against a deer, though. i whacked one about a week after i mounted mine, i was only going about 5mph around a corner, but i hit it dead center and pushed the deer back about 10 feet.

then about six months later, i was headed to work in the fog. came around a bend going about 45mph and nailed one with the right side of the guard. i pulled over and checked, the only thing that broke was the retaining screw on the passenger side of the bumper in the wheel well. that and the blood and hair all over the hood and fender. brush guard didn't bend or anything.

ask abomb1, he's got it now, and i bet he couldn't tell the difference.

manik- deer tested.

sorry - I should have been more specific when I said "bullbar"

I mean this kind...

NSBB303WPR.jpg

(yeah - I'd love the ARB, actually a TJM - but they dont make them for my year :angry: ... anyway my stock bumper is only a week old - just got it back from the body shop)

a brush guard will hold up against a deer, though. i whacked one about a week after i mounted mine, i was only going about 5mph around a corner, but i hit it dead center and pushed the deer back about 10 feet.

then about six months later, i was headed to work in the fog. came around a bend going about 45mph and nailed one with the right side of the guard. i pulled over and checked, the only thing that broke was the retaining screw on the passenger side of the bumper in the wheel well. that and the blood and hair all over the hood and fender. brush guard didn't bend or anything.

ask abomb1, he's got it now, and i bet he couldn't tell the difference.

manik- deer tested.

Yeah, I would never have guessed you hit a deer with this thing. Nothing is bent and everything lined up perfectly when I installed it today. I'll post some pics as soon as I can get them.

Thanks again dieselmunk! :clap:

Guest MOHAV233PL
03LE.jpg

This is the Westin on my '03. I am very pleased with it, and I may add some lights to it.

CJS

I have some Piaa 1100x lamps that I am trying to sell if you are interested.

Yup Pezzy, the TJM's are nice. But they do weigh a ton. For $379 though, you could get a T-17 which will give you some more protection.

TJM Bumpers

TJM doesnt make anything for the 99.5 plus :angry:

cjs2000 - I like!!

QUOTE (DJ Dank @ Dec 6 2004, 02:33 AM)

Yup Pezzy, the TJM's are nice. But they do weigh a ton. For $379 though, you could get a T-17 which will give you some more protection.

TJM Bumpers 

TJM doesnt make anything for the 99.5 plus 

Ugggghhh..that sucks. I forgot all about that. What about ARB? Anything from them?

ARB yes - $1200 USD...maybeif I won the lottery.

and its heaaaaaaaaavy I hear... guy in our club has the 2" lift coils and the ARB, my stock truck sits higher than his...

Hey guys,

I am installing my new TJM t-17 bull bar in a few weeks and im going to try to take pictures of the whole process as to provide a write up for people who want to do it in the future. i will also post some pics up when i am finished. B)

Guest cjs2000
:o --cjs2000......That is exactly the bull bar that i want...is that made for a 96-99 also?  i can't find more info anywhere...or do you have the number from where you ordered it?  Please and thanks.

Chris

linky-loo

That's where I got it. I think they have it for those years.

CJS

• 8 months later...
:o --cjs2000......That is exactly the bull bar that i want...is that made for a 96-99 also? i can't find more info anywhere...or do you have the number from where you ordered it? Please and thanks.

Chris

It's great I have one with Hella 500's it looks really good

post-7-1125632552.jpg

You're not talking about me, are ya pezzy? The ARB isn't that much heavier than the stock front bumper, maybe 50 lbs more. I've got OME lift coils in the front, and Valley Springs in the back, and the truck is almost a little higher in the front than back.