Body Lift & Exhaust

94 Pathy

Wooo Hooo!

Just cleared out the garage & pulled the freshly washed Pathy in. Getting ready to start the body lift & hopefully finish tonight if not Sun. Sat is out for St. Patty's Day. If bl done by Sunday night, exhaust & hearders starting Mon morning. Keep everyone posted & will take pics & post once I get that figured out.

Thanks & wish me luck! Happy St. Patty's Day to all! :beer:

Alright,

Gunna do some hunting here, but I REALLY need some help.

I have the body lifted & the blocks in place. Why do the bolts look like they are too long? One bottoms out @ the threads before it gets tight. THe front bolts are WAY too long.....

Am I missing something? I've been reusing the bottom bushings that are one the body mounts. Thinking about ordering new ones so I know everything with it is new. Can some people post some pics of what the mounts are suppose to look like exactly?

Buddy of mine has no clue, since he's never done a bodylift before. So, need to say, I'm doing all this by myself.

Thanks for all the help!

OK,

Body lift is on & everything is back into place except the front bumper. :scratchhead: Can't figure out how to get the mounts back into place so I can bolt the front bumper back up. Anyone have ideas &/or pics, I'd greatly appreciate it. Still gunna play with it to figure something out. Also getting ready to rip exhaust & manifolds off so I can get headers on. I have until the end of this week to get this done. ALL BY MYSELF! :angry:

Gotta love the friends that say they'll be there to help & learn, but then @!*% happens & they can't make it.

Oh well, Guess it's a learning prcedure for myself also.

Keep ya posted & post pics when done.

PEACE! :beer:

Sorry to be a pest.....

So, since I'm gunna basically be getting a whole new exhaust system, should I just take the sawzaw to the pipes so it's easier to pull apart? Should I reuse the cat since they are so darn expensive?

For the exhaust guru's....

I'll be trying to install the headers myself with the Y-pipe. From that point, I want to attach the intermediate pipe so I can hook the O2 sensor up. From this point on is where the shop would be tucking the pipes, cat, & muffler up & out of the way, correct?

Thanks for all your help & info! It means alot since I'm trying to learn, save myself some money & get things done myself.

Thanks again!

If the current system isn't too rusted, and you think you can get it apart, I wouldn't take the sawzall to it, just in case you want to use it again. Mine was bad so cutting it off was my only option. If I remember from you're other post, you're installing pacesetters. You are correct The flange on the Y-pipe will bolt up to the flange on the intermediate pipe, so you can install the O2 sensor and drive to the exhaust shop. The fitment between these flanges isn't great which may just be the quality of the pacesetters. This is also the flange that tends to leak causing rusty floors and carpet fires (as seen in my photo). If it doesn't fit right I would suggest having the exhaust shop make you a new intermediate pipe. As far as re-using the cat, that's a personal preference if it's in good shape. A high flow cat could yield better results when paired with your headers.

IMGP0008.jpg

Here's a photo of my setup from the cat to the Y-pipe, it's pretty easy for an exhaust shop to do.

IMGP0009.jpg

Well, some AWESOME news & some not so good news.....

Have the exhaust completely off & also the manifolds.....NO bolts busted or anything. They came out like butta! :tongue:

Bad news....

Got ahead of myself an started putting new studs in....didn't look @ the bolt pattern for the headers & have two bolts in spots not needed. Can't get them out now....Figure that one out. Can't get new ones that were just put in, put got the old rusty bolts out with no problem. :scratchhead: So, I'm gunna see if the headers will still fit without messing with those two studs.

Ordered a new Megnaflow cat & a Thrust muffler from JcWhittney. Waiting for those & then to the shop. I did that so the shop wouldn't rape me for jacking prices up for the cat & muffler.

I've been snapping pics during, so once I'm all done, I'll post some pics.

Thanks again for all the help everyone has given. :beer:

K, :scratchhead:

I'm retarded when it comes to downloading pics. Still can't figure this new way out. I've downloaded pics onto Photobucket, but can't figure out how to get them over to the site. I guess if people want to see the Pathy with the 3" + 3" + 31's, look for TDehut on photobucket.

I just figured it out, while still in your album, scroll over the image on photobucket, a little dialogue box comes up with 4 different links. The bottom one is an image code. Click on it, and it copies it automatically, go back into your post, right click and paste. No need for the little tree looking icon, it just messes it up because photobucket puts the image code in for you. You won't see your photo unless you preview post. Hope this helps.

Edited by pathybuilder

Ok, thought I had this darn front bumper figured out, but no go! Brackets HAVE TO be welded in for the bumper to fit & stay & not be bouncy. Very irritating! I hope this works, from the help of Pathybuilder...Thanks again!

Pathy with 3" suspension, 3" body-lift, & still 31's. 33's hope to come before winter.

Thanks for making me look dumb Trog.....

Just kidding!

How did you get it to work. I did what Pathybuilder said to do, but nothing. Whaat am I doing wrong.

By the way, Lift is done, except figuring something out for the front bumper & I have the headers on. Tried putting the Y-pipe on also, but it's like 1/8th of an inch too short. Not quite wide enough across the fit onto both headers. Will have to take it to a shop for them to finish it. I was hoping to get it done myself since my intermediate pipe showed up today & wanted to get O2 sensor put in also, so all the shop had to do was add the cat & muffler.

Wife won't let me run just headers. HUGE difference & sounds like a BEAST! LOVE IT!

Looks real good, I guess maybe I'm not as good at explaining things as I think I am... :blah:

The Y-pipe isn't long enough to fit onto both headers? I seem to recall that same problem. Somebody on here might give me $%^T for saying or trying this, but I loosened the manifold nuts off, so that the headers have some slack in them, put the Y-pipe on, then the last thing I did was tighten up all hardware. The manifold nuts sucked the header in fine and it hasn't leaked. You might want to try the same, could save you the cost of the shop doing it. I wouldn't go crazy on the manifold nuts, they do have a torque spec (don't recall it offhand)

Thanks for making me look dumb Trog.....

Just kidding!

How did you get it to work. I did what Pathybuilder said to do, but nothing. Whaat am I doing wrong.

I just took out the jumble that was extra from whatever you copied and pasted. Its like Pathybuilder said, when you hover over the image, underneath will be 4 links. You want the image link, once you click on where it says image, it automatically copies it. Then you just tab back over to your post and paste. Just try it again, you may have clicked on one of the other 3 boxes.

That being said, it looks great! Seems like it went pretty smoothly!

Overall, it did go smooth. I can't get the Y-pipe on cause it is 1/8th of an inch too short. Not wide enought to slip onto both headers. I'm just gunna let Midas take care of it. I do have the Magnaflow CAT, inter pipe for O2 sensor, O2 sensor, & muffler ready. Hope in a week or two I'll have it done. Now days off or out of work in time while shop is open.

Question for all of you that have put headers on.....also painted them with high temp paint, & possibly have wrapped them with exhaust wrap.....

Did your's smoke like a mother at first also? Mine is just from driving it around the block. I'm figuring it's just burning the paint & some of the wrap? :shrug: