Body lift blocks

Hey everyone, ill start off with a bit of background information.

After purchasing new tyres for my 88 pathfinder I have found that its stock body height doesn't allow enough height for the front tyres to turn without brushing up against the front mud guards. I have been driving around for a while now with the front mud guards taken off but I am sick of rocks and dirt being thrown up onto the side of the car.. not to mention the car is unroadworthy like this. I have another 88 pathfinder that I use for parts, it has a 2" body lift on it.. I am hoping that the extra 2" of body height on my pathfinder will allow me to put the front mud guards back on. Now for my question....

Is there anything I need to watch out for when removing the blocks from the parts car and reinstalling them into my pathfinder? I have noticed a few break lines and things that may need stretching out... The pathfinder I am installing the blocks into is a stock 88 with a Z24 2.4 liter engine with a manual transmission.

Let me know if further clarification is required.

Thanks in advance!

Off the top of my head... Remember the bumper brackets and the spacers on the hoop that goes from the body to the frame around the driveshaft (about mid truck ish)!

Edit: power steering resivour lines! Don't forget to transfer how they are extended or how the resivour is modified!

also the fuel lines will likely be too short and you may have to relocate the filter if its in the engine compartment like in the v6 and if you are a manual the clutch fluid lines will need to be stretched on the passenger side firewall as well...

Thanks for the replys, so far it doesnt sound too tricky..

I was talking to a mate about the lift blocks and he was saying he did it to a manual car a while back and had to cut a bigger hole in the body of the car for the gear shift and high and low range gear shift sticks to be able to move as he said they may become placed at a different angle once the blocks are in.. does this sound like it may be a problem with the 88 Pathfinder?

Leo94, you mentioned the filler neck, does this have enough length in it to be stretched or will it require an additional piece of hose fitted?

Nunya, I crawled under my car the other day to see if I could locate what you were talking about but couldnt find anything that fits your description. It sounds important to be able to do this right, are you able to clarify what part of the car this is.

All the fluid lines have a coil in them left by the manufacturer so that it as simple as stretching them out a bit.

Cheers.

I just used a bit of exhaust tube to extend the filler pipe. The shift and hi-lo levers are fine. Longer power steer hose (as mentioned; pretty sure it's the return, runs straight down from the pump on mine, the others are ok) Don't forget to pull the driveshaft loop, you'll bend the floor otherwise (don't ask how I know) I just refitted it without running it through the bracket on the crossmember (from memory the torsion crossmember), no spacers, no probs. I also loosened off the lower clamp on the steering shaft and slid it right up as far as it would go. And you may need to alter/change the radiator hoses, and pull the lower half of the fan cowl off.

I cut my bumper irons and slid them up the same amount I lifted it (2.5")then welded and braced them.

I think that's it.....

Edited by andrewt6447

• 4 months later...

How do you extend the steering shaft? I have the lift installed I just need to hook the steering shaft back up and I cant get it to extend. Ive tried using a hammer and nothing. The shaft should extend without loosening the upper bolt right?

How do you extend the steering shaft? I have the lift installed I just need to hook the steering shaft back up and I cant get it to extend. Ive tried using a hammer and nothing. The shaft should extend without loosening the upper bolt right?

Mine reached, I loosened the bolt and slid the knuckle to the end (the bolt will stop you going too far), and the extension bit took up the rest.