New member w/ 88 hardbody

DeezlFam

Hey just popping in here. I met a Admin here at the Fred Meyers gas station on 72nd or so and Pacific ave in tacoma he had a 2 door pathfinder ( can't remember color.) We had a lil conversation about wheeling and such, this was a couple months back. I would like to get to know some people with nissans so I can go wheeling without my boring Jeep buddies who can't ever find a spot to go wheeling that isn't closed or something. I was also wondering if anyone has another 88 Nissan z24 rig that still has its factory routed vacuum lines, as mine seem to be routed incorrectly. Let me know guys and I will post some pics when I can thanks!

Matt

I'd call it a safe wager that it was RedPath88 you were talking with as the other 2 2door owners on the mod/admin team would be a sheep herder in NZ and a :gay: dude on the other side of the country from you :lol:

Welcome though and yes, we like pics around here!

Welcome!

I got a 87' Hardbody and recently went through and replaced EVERY vacuum line.

If you google "z24i vacuum diagram" theres some good diagrams that pop up.

Ah I googled 1988 nissan z24 and didn't come up with those search results. I just found a pretty good diagram thanks HCR32! I think you are right about it being redpath88. Looks like the rig he was driving. My truck isn't pretty here is a pic of it next to the subaru vanagon in its hiding spot.

DSCN0604-1.jpg

bought it for $1300.00 all 8 plugs were hand tight because the guy did a "tune up" on it. So far I have replaced the EGR solenoid 8 plugs gear oil in everything. Definitely been a good cheap work/ off road rig.

Edited by DeezlFam

Welcome to NPORA !!

They changed the front end after 2 years, 86.5 being the first year of the hardbody style, then 87 had sealed beam headlights as well, 88 and 89 had the pathfinder style front end, from 90 to 97 Nissan went back to the sealed beam headlights. The antenna location on the fender changed along the way too.

I owned a 87 SE-V6 king cab 4x4 for 14 years

For your reading enjoyment:

27y96ac.jpg

30uzi2f.jpg

153tki9.jpg

20gliu0.jpg

15mhfnd.jpg

n3qiyp.jpg

i6forn.jpg

fnh56w.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

LOLOL @ the 'aerodynamics' :rofl:

Nissan was first to introduce the aero style doors where the metal wrapped up kind of over the roof, the Hardbody was pretty aerodynamic compared to the other trucks available in 86.5.