opinions needed!

captandy

I have AT's not MT's but.. I have always kept it around the pressure that it says in my glove box and door, 26 psi... The tires are at about 40% now and have worn evenly, just rotate every 5000 miles or so.

Perform a chalk test to see what pressure is right for your vehicle. Tire sizes, load capacity, sidewall stiffness, and the weight over each tire all affect the optimum pressure you should use.

Pay attention to tire wear from time to time, and see if the center is wearing faster than the outer edges (overinflation) or if the outer edges are wearing faster than the inside (underinflation).

That being said, I am running 265/75R16 BFG MT KM2 tires, and I inflate them to 35 front, 32 rear. My Pathy's factory tire size (235/70R15) recommended pressure is 26psi, but it weighs a lot more than it did when it was stock. I also observe better fuel economy at these pressures.

Pretty similar to what's been posted.

After a lot of farting around with different pressures (btw 26-36) and different pressures for front/rear, I have settled around 30 front and 28 rear. I get decent hwy mileage (did I just say that?) and the ride is tolerable. I found the ride was quite a bit softer around the mid 20's but my mileage dropoff was noticable. I didn't find any better mileage above 32 and the ride was downright rigid.

Just my :my2cents: with my setup/tires.