94 Pathy (WOODY)

Balln

Best pull one and look for stamps/logos and take some measurements...

B

I think thats what i will do :aok: Hopefully i can find some on craigslist

Hey Ballin - I'm just up the road in Ahwatukee if ya wanna get together and shoot the $*#t, sometime. you can come check out my pathy to see if it makes the same noises etc if ya want as well.

Sounds good to me and your pathys setup is what im wanting to do so seeing it in person will give me a good idea of what im shooting for. Im in the Gilbert/Queencreek area not way down south queen creek. But we will def have to meet up.

That's a tight looking Pathfinder. Nice find at an awesome price. :)

Jared

Thanks man :aok:

Here is some pics from last weekend when we where up in Heber AZ

All cleaned up before the trip

IMAG1167.jpg

IMAG1166.jpg

IMAG1165.jpg

At the cabin

IMAG1174.jpg

IMAG1176.jpg

IMAG1177.jpg

My parents Pathy

IMAG1178.jpg

Out cruising the trails

IMAG1179.jpg

imagejpeg_2_6.jpg

I have video of me playing in the wash outs flexing woody out and playing in snow and mud but it wont let me transfer the video from my phone to the computer.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMAG1202.jpg

Heading back home

imagejpeg_2_7.jpg

This was in Paysen when we stopped to stretch our legs.

imagejpeg_2_8.jpg

imagejpeg_3_3.jpg

Yesterday i decided i was going to swap the front clip with some parts i had laying in

storage. I took all the stock black 3peice bumper off and installed a 1peice chrome bumper from a hardbody and then put on a chrome pathy grill and had to do some trimming but i was able to get the chrome hardbody corner lights on. I think it looks much better. The front bumper has a dent but it will get swapped out with a new bumper here soon.

IMAG1241.jpg

MY pathy, Hardbody, And 4dr hardbody in the garage

IMAG1242.jpg

What do you guys think?

I think that if you leave the chrome on, I'll join with the PO and REPO it...

B

lol Repo cuase you like it or dislike it?

:coolpics:

I don't like that much chrome, preffer it all black.

But if you like it better that's what matters. ;)

Thanks man and i liked the black but i think it looks better with the chrome or just different. :aok:

Hey guys i just got in the mail my

Hayden 18,000 GVW tranny cooler

Magnefine inline filter

Autometer tranny guage

I was talking to my buddy about how would i ground out my inline T-fiiting with the sending unit in it? He says i should just weld up a bung in the tranny pan and put the sending unit there. What do you guys think about that? And when i run the oil line to the new cooler ( side ports) Do i run the oil line coming from the tranny into the top or bottom port?

Im a Tig welder so welding in the bung will not cost me anything. I would run a 90 coming out of it then the unit so it wont be sticking straight down.

Thanks Guys

IIRC MY1PATH put a sensor into the drain plug, but also said that there was plenty of room in the bottom of the pan so clearance wasn't an issue. Double check with him though...

There is a pinned thread in this section about what I did for a filter, sensor, grounding, etc so you might want to read that.

I personally mounted the trany cooler sideways and plumbed into the bottom and out the top so there wouldn't be any bubble traps. Make sure your cooler isn't uni-directional, I have heard some are...

B

Ok thanks yeah I have read your thread a lot and everytime I read something new. And ill have to take a better look into the cooler. Now to get another tranny pan so I can drive mine while I het everything ready.

So i went to the this junk yard to pick up a trans pan for the pathy (45min drive) but after i got there they said they didnt have anything like that go figure. But they did have other nissan trans and infinity and was wondering if any other pan will match up to mine?

But after walking around the nissan section and checking out there pathys i noticed this one sat up higher then the rest. I then noticed it had a body lift you can see in the pic that it is octogon.Not sure if its custom made or an old kit but all the mounts where the same.

Sorry for the crappy pic my sprint evo camera is starting to take a @!*%.

IMAG0038.jpg

Looks to be a 3" but i can get them and the hardware for $40 or less becuase im buying other stuff off the pathy. But would it be worth it? I would still need to figure out the front bumper brackets and trans extensions however those work? I might try to send 4x4parts a email and see if they can sell me those brackets seperate along with there rad drop bracket and the body lift gap mats. What do you guys think pull them or leave them? I also plan on pulling the idler arm off the same pathy so i can use it to jig up a brace im going to make and the rear swaybar rods i plan on drilling them and making my own disconnects. Then next to the pathy is a couple hardbodys that im going to take the centerlink off of and get that all ready to install when i lift it.

If i pull this idler arm off can i rebuild it? If so where do i get the parts from? And can i add a grease fitting into it? Or would it be better just to buy a new one from autozone for $45?

Something else that im wondering is im taking it that the pathy with the bodylift also had a susp lift becuase both the upper arms where gone and everything else was there but maybe not becuase the rear springs looked stock and the shocks where solid red not sure if those are after market or not. I wish i could tell becuase i wouldnt mind picking the springs up if i new that they where lift springs. Another thing the pathy had disc brakes on the rear axle so didnt only SE,LE come with those not XE? Im taking it that it was a XE becuase it had normal shocks on it and not the sport or comfort shocks. I didnt happen to look at the rear to see What it was.

cool story and thanks for sharing it , it's in great shape man !! .... she's a looker alrighty , have fun with your awesome ride !!!

" woody " hehehe , that's a funny name ... guess it's better than "boner" though ... :)

• 3 weeks later...

cool story and thanks for sharing it , it's in great shape man !! .... she's a looker alrighty , have fun with your awesome ride !!!

" woody " hehehe , that's a funny name ... guess it's better than "boner" though ... :)

Thanks man and i am def enjoying the Pathy. I think my girlfriend likes it more then me lol and my little girl falls right to sleep when she hears those MT roaring down the road. And im Glad his name isnt Boner i think i would have to change that one lol

I ended up going back to the junk yard and pulling the body lift along with some other parts. I paid $40 for the body lift and $15 for all the other stuff.

I dont have any before pics but i took them to work and blasted them along with scribe a # 1-10 so i know where they go. After i pulled them i got to looking and found that it had the bumper relocater brackets and the drive shaft hoop extenders. I also grabbed the rear sway bar rods that connect it to the frame and i grabbed some factory front bumper mounts to hopfully mod and make work rather then the aftermarket tabs. And i grabbed a 4x4 hardbody transfer case shifter. Im not sure what all i needed so i grabbed what i have in the pics.

DSCF2403.jpg

DSCF2408.jpg

DSCF2407.jpg

DSCF2406.jpg

DSCF2405.jpg

DSCF2404.jpg

DSCF2399.jpg

DSCF2400.jpg

The very end of the shifter that connects to the transfer case looks a little to small compared to my pathy. Any thoguhts on that?

DSCF2401.jpg

Well some of you may luagh but these only cost me $4 to make well actually i got paid to make them while i was at work. These are just a test to see if they will work (pins hold up)

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

I took them to the belt sander to clean of the paint and to make them slide into the tubing better. The tubing is made of aircraft stainless and i found it in my junk drawer of my toolbox.

IMAG0067.jpg

Nice fit

IMAG0069.jpg

After measuring them up i found out where the tubing needs to be and then tacked welded them.

IMAG0070.jpg

We have a full blown machine shop on the other side of our building but all the machines where being used so we went this route.

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

After they where drilled i deburred them and blasted the link ends and cleaned them all up.

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Oyeah what else do i need to button up the body lift?

I have

Blocks and hardware

Front bumper mounts

Drive shaft drop brackets and hardware

Hardbody shifter

Things i need

Gas filler hose

Gas vent line

Power steering hose

E-brake drop down brackets

Transmission & transfer case extension? What is this?

????

Thanks Guys

Edited by Balln

Ok cool yeah the blocks looked good as far as cracks or anything. There was some spots that where smashed but don't seem like they will hurt anything.

There was a ad on craigslist about tires from a small mom and POP shop. I went down there and they had them in stock along with a set of 33/12.50 but I got the 31s for now till I get my lifts installed. My girlfriend was trying to get me to get the 33s bad lol she kept telling me to go big or go home. Lol she's crazy. She would have @!*% when they would of hit the fender at turn for the first time.

• 2 months later...

I finally installed my body lift and wow what a job that was by my self but i got it done. I had some speed bumps like the one bolt that didnt want to come out of the front bumper mount so i cut it off then i was able to get the whole bolt out. Then i went on a wild chase for rad hoses. The top was easy but the bottom was crazy. I ended up using the stock one after trying to see how it fit. I was able to slide it up ferther and it didnt kink. Go figure. I still have to figure out my front bumper mounts and raising the rear up. I went for a test drive and found some mud wholes. Ill try getting some pics of it all cleaned up and with the bumpers done.

IMAG0542.jpg

IMAG0545.jpg

IMAG0543.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg