R.I.P. Old Friend

Punkfinder

After multiple frame repairs over the past few years my mechanic strongly advised me not to keep repairing my Pathy.

I now realize I never took enough pictures of my rig. Here's some shots of the first day and then a few shots of the last good summer:

PathyMontage.png

Lots of life left in and lots of good parts. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. It will be missed.

I don't know who your mechanic is but unless the frame has failed entirely you can still get it repaired even with massive rot. That body looks like it's in great shape. Still worth fixing IMO! :my2cents:

I'm not sure if this constitutes failing entirely, but the pass. side rear rail is broken in half. I can try and post a few pics of the breakage if you want.

The body is good not great and so is the motor and (2nd) auto tranny. Lots of new upgrades as well.

I hope to find someone that wants to buy this and take it on as a project so I don't have to part it out and scrap it, but I just don't have the time or resources at the moment to tackle it myself.

i feel your pain on the rust, just repaired mine, trust/rusty trucks they are. I debated totally cutting and putting new boxed frame in its place but cut and patches for now. Good luck with it. Just curious where did you get hose headlights they look great were they a good lighting upgrade? Sharp.

Scott

i feel your pain on the rust, just repaired mine, trust/rusty trucks they are. I debated totally cutting and putting new boxed frame in its place but cut and patches for now. Good luck with it. Just curious where did you get hose headlights they look great were they a good lighting upgrade? Sharp.

Scott

Thanks for the empathy Scott, I was really attached to this machine.

One of my headlights died and I was pricing replacements and found there were minimum $60 for one. Then I found 2 of the 'Euro'-style replacement ones on ebay for almost the same price; those are what you see on there. Definite improvement in lighting as my old lenses were pretty faded.

I've been there with the frame rot as well. But I ignored what mechanics told me and fixed it anyways! It seems mechanics here in the Ottawa area hate these trucks and love sending them to the junkyard. I even took it in for an exhaust repair a while back and they told me I should consider replacing the vehicle.

What I did was fixed what I could myself with my cheapo mastercraft welder and when that broke I paid a member here to fix the rest for me. Won't break now!

Edited by adamzan