AZ Crown King

The_Magicians_Eye

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it!!! I'm still upset that I got hung up on that line. I could have made it lol. That upsets me more than driving off the cliff lol. How f-ed up is that lol.

Quite F-ed up. Maybe it's due to the fact that it didn't take half the time to get you unstuck.

What made me drive off the cliff was a whole bunch of stupid on my part. I couldn't tell how sharp the turn was until it was way too late. I was going to fast. The gravel was loose in that area so stopping in time wasn't an option. I could have tried forcing the turn but the last thing I wanted to do is slide off the cliff sideways. We might not have been around to laugh about it if I did that. As soon as I knew I wasn't able to stop. I planted my foot on the brakes and did my best to drive down it to avoid flipping. I'm heading back to that spot in a few to try and find my camera. If it's not dark I'll try and get some pics to clearly show how it all went down.

I'll post picks of the truck a little later. I'm telling you that you would never believe I did what I did based on the damage. As far as steering and suspension goes. I know one of my strut rod bushing is split and the alignment is off. Outside of that I don't see any other mechanical damage done.

You just earned a spot on the list of people I'm not going wheeling with! Lol! Of course I don't want to go wheeling where there are any cliffs to drive off of either. Pitty someone didn't get some video of that arial cliff dive, would have been awesome.

James

You just earned a spot on the list of people I'm not going wheeling with! Lol! Of course I don't want to go wheeling where there are any cliffs to drive off of either. Pitty someone didn't get some video of that arial cliff dive, would have been awesome.

James

Oh come on... I was doing great up until that point lol. I'm just wondering what KovemaN was saying/thinking when I told him what happened over the radio? His day wasn't going so well at that point. Plus we were almost back to the paved road at that point after hours of "smooth trail" lmao.

No matter how crazy things were I had a blast. I'll remember that trip forever. No one got hurt. All the trucks made it home on their own power even if it was the next day. Plus life long memories. Sounds like a good time to me.

I was bummed that could not go with guys...but when I changed my lower ball joint (pass. side) it seperated, the second we popped it loose, I knew it needed to be changed, I just didnt think it was that bad kinda scary.

Sorry Phill I didn't get any still pics of you wheelin because I'm stupid and didn't have a memory card in while taking pics on the way up. However I found my video camera out there today and have some video.

LOL And you are the photographer?? :rofl:

I'm laughing with you, not at you. I've seen it done before. About 20 years ago a buddy and I were driving my dune buggy down to Cabo San Lucas via the long route (what ever beach we wanted to visit/drive down). He had borrowed his parents camera and about 1000 miles into the trip, he told me that it was strange that he was on exposure #38. I used to do a lot of photography and know you can get an extra frame or two depending how you wind it, but I knew something was wrong right away. I told him to take a few random shots and soon enough he was at 42 exposures. I told him there was no film in the camera and I was right. When he got the camera, it read 3 exposures so he assumed there was film in it. He defended himself by saying how was he to tell, open the camera? No stupid, try rewinding the film, if you gain tension, there is film, if not, none. Many photos lost so long ago. I was pissed then but now I just laugh... :D

Glad you found your video camera, everyone is safe and that the damage is cosmetic. Bonus is that you learned something valuable, line of sight speed... ;)

B

LOL And you are the photographer?? :rofl:

I'm laughing with you, not at you. I've seen it done before. About 20 years ago a buddy and I were driving my dune buggy down to Cabo San Lucas via the long route (what ever beach we wanted to visit/drive down). He had borrowed his parents camera and about 1000 miles into the trip, he told me that it was strange that he was on exposure #38. I used to do a lot of photography and know you can get an extra frame or two depending how you wind it, but I knew something was wrong right away. I told him to take a few random shots and soon enough he was at 42 exposures. I told him there was no film in the camera and I was right. When he got the camera, it read 3 exposures so he assumed there was film in it. He defended himself by saying how was he to tell, open the camera? No stupid, try rewinding the film, if you gain tension, there is film, if not, none. Many photos lost so long ago. I was pissed then but now I just laugh... :D

Glad you found your video camera, everyone is safe and that the damage is cosmetic. Bonus is that you learned something valuable, line of sight speed... ;)

B

I guess that's why I'm retired lol.