New fog lights, old wiring, no power?

NissanNismoZ

Alright. Did the R50 console swap, works great!

In the process I unhooked my fog lights switch..and forgot the order. So I went through 6 fuses before finding the correct order.

Alright, got the regular fogs in an working. So far do good. Couldn't mount them so I bought a new set. Wired them in before mounting, and good. Mounted them in and now they will NOT power on. Fog switch is illuminated, and as far as I know if a fog light blows a fuse, it'll take the fuse to the headlight with it.

Any ideas? Fuses are good.. But the lights won't turn on now...

Thanks! I'd really rather stick with stock wiring.. But..hopefully there's a fuse I may not know about?

Thanks!

I don't know of any fuses other than under the dash. So the head lights work?

You need a tester, preferably a multimeter but even 2 pins/wires taped to a 12 volt bulb would work.Ttest to see if you have power to the new lights, then backtrack the wiring if you don't.

B

Behind the battery in very non factory looking fuse holder is your fog light fuse. Fog lights were a dealer installed factory option, so nothing under the dash.

Edited by Trogdor636

Behind the battery in very non factory looking fuse holder is your fog light fuse. Fog lights were a dealer installed factory option, so nothing under the dash.

Correct.

I had foglights plugged in to my truck, they didn't work. But I didn't look in to the issue much farther.

It almost sounds like a ground issue if the switch is illuminated but no power to the lights. I would check all of the connections, and make sure that there is not a build up of corrosion somewhere in line (IE at a splice, butt connector etc.)

If you haven't already, I'd check that length of wire by the fuse holder. The wire is grounding out somewhere. I think the relay is on the firewall on the passenger side, its probably a Bosch unit if its still the stock one. Check that area as well.

Fixed.

Apparently my friends fog light he was wiring was wired up backwards..

So I replaced the fuse with a 15A again and cleaned up the wiring mess and tada! They work! And are extremely bright..:)

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help!