lifting.

Guest mud

hey ya'll. hows everyone? i've got a 3 inch body lift and all, and in the process of buying the 3 inch coil springs but in order to put that on, i must get the 3 inch front suspension lift kit. i have NO luck finding one. anyone know where i could find one?

You don't HAVE TO buy a front kit to go with the rear, it just works out better that way. If you can't afford it, simply crank up your torsion bars and have it aligned so that the front isn't doing a crazy nose-dive compared to the rear. I ran my Pathy for three years with stock UCA's and cranked t-bars, with no alignment or tire problems.

Calmini offers a UCA lift kit (best you can buy), AC offers one(but I really don't reccommend it), Rancho offers one(kinda crappy, nobody really uses it), BDS offers one (replacement t-bars and rear coils but no replacement UCA's), Superlift offers one(but it's listed as only for a HB pickup), and Rough Country offers one, it's basically the exact same as the Superlift kit. I have the Superlift setup and it works great.

Yeah, I followed 88's advice and went with the Jeep GC coils in back, along with cranked Tbars and an alignment up front. 6 months later, and no problems. And it cost me about $90 including the cost of alignment. The upper control arms go for in the $200's and up. If you have the money, go for it, but if not, you can get by for now. Some day, some day... :rolleyes:

when i was planning on lifting my path, i just wanted to buy only the coils for the rear and crank the t-bars. when i was at a offroad shop to find out how much to put the rear coils in and crank the t-bars w/ allignment, this guy that had a hardbody told me that it's not a good idea to have the t-bars crank. because the t-bars are tighten, and if their tighten isn't the ride stiffer? and isn't there a chance where the t-bars might snap if you were to land hard enough? what i did, i ordered the 3inch lift kit from AC the UCA's and the coils. i also got thicker 27 or 28mm sway-a-way t-bars that are cranked but supposably stronger than the stock. no problems yet.

The ride is a bit stiffer, yes. Do you want to really offroad your Nissan or do you want to drive it around parking lots and look tough? Personally, I can deal with a stiffer ride. It's not THAT bad.

You're not going to "snap" a t-bar from landing too hard. I've had stock bars on since I owned the Pathy and they have yet to "snap" or break or have anything happen to them...and I've jumped it flat to ground.

You can't take everybody's word at face value...

The ride is a bit stiffer, yes. Do you want to really offroad your Nissan or do you want to drive it around parking lots and look tough? Personally, I can deal with a stiffer ride. It's not THAT bad.

You're not going to "snap" a t-bar from landing too hard. I've had stock bars on since I owned the Pathy and they have yet to "snap" or break or have anything happen to them...and I've jumped it flat to ground.

that's what i thought, i don't think i've ever heard of the t-bars breaking, i got the thicker ones because i didn't know that much about things like that, but now i do, whole different world. i would of put the coils on my self. i'm an idiot for paying for it to be done. however, i do like the stiff ride too. it's pretty cool.

I like the stiffer ride personally. I've got a couple inches of lift out of this (Jeep GC coils in back and Swayaway Tbars up front) and it corners better than on stock suspension at stock height. Its goes just fine off road and is much more firm and confidence inspiring on the highway when that aging and sloppy suspension goes away. I'm thinking a guy breaking a torsion bar is doing some serious stuff that shouldn't be attempted in a street legal truck anyways.

With a 95, your only gonna get about 2" from a JGC coil if you have the external tire carrier like I do. I did the chamfer method to get rid of the pigtails, but I have another set to try to straighten the pigtail with some heat. We'll se how that goes, and if I get more lift. May still need spacers. :shrug:

I'm thinking a guy breaking a torsion bar is doing some serious stuff that shouldn't be attempted in a street legal truck anyways.

Nah, some of the Sway-A-Way t-bars have been known to break during normal use for no apparent reason, or because they got nicked or scuffed, which allowed a tiny crack to grow and grow until it finally breaks the bar in half.

I'm thinking a guy breaking a torsion bar is doing some serious stuff that shouldn't be attempted in a street legal truck anyways.

Nah, some of the Sway-A-Way t-bars have been known to break during normal use for no apparent reason, or because they got nicked or scuffed, which allowed a tiny crack to grow and grow until it finally breaks the bar in half.

Well, sunovamuthafukinkismahaszbul@!*%e. That sure isn't good news for a guy that has those bars and has been known to *accidentally* jump his Pathy on occassion. Damndamndamn... especially since they were from AC, and they had some knicks right out of the box.

I saw video of one snapping on a friends Frontier. In the video it sounds like a window shattering. He had the SAW T bars and was climbing a hill many other Nissans hd gone up before him of verying mod levels. He hit a little bump and SNAP, it broke under the compression. He had stock wheels and tires on it at the time I think (can't remember).