New Nissan Owner in Houston

Firehawk

Wanted to step in and say hello to everyone~ I am in the process of purchasing my late Uncle's 93 Pathfinder~ I have always loved the truck and how he cared for it so I am excited that I can now take care of it. My Aunt does not think it's ever been in 4 wheel drive mode which is kinda cool. It's only got 110k miles on it and garage kept since new :)

Pathfinder2.jpg

Pathfinder1.jpg

I am guessing I will need to service the axles and not sure what else. So anyway, I am going to keep reading up on the trucks so I will prob be asking a few questions here and there. I am already planing an atx external cooler to bypass the one in the radiator.

Anyway~

Go Texans!

Very cool guy's. Ya I really hope Jim is looking down smiling knowing the truck is going to live a longggg time : )

I will post more pics next week once I get it to my driveway. Interior is pretty good as well. The headliner was starting to peel at the dome light (seems to be a common place for that?) so I took the panel to an upholstery shop and for $15 they re-skinned it with vinyl. Dash has had a mat on it for the longest time. I am going to take that off and see what condition the dash is in. Hmm what else. Ah, I am curious, there is a button on the inside that allows you to change the ride quality~ How does the truck pull this off? Mechanically or ? I did not think it had an early version of electromagnetic ride control ;)

More questions to follow I am sure.

edit: figured out the shock setup. Impressive for such an early vehicle : )

Edited by Firehawk

Welcome to the place :D

That's a really good-looking Pathy. Looks like it was taken care of.

And Nissan messed with suspension control from 1984 to... Well, now. And they've really never pulled off anything remotely worth the time and effort. It's almost like a running gag, really.

Well if I am lucky it will be in the driveway next weekend. First thing I will do is take a bunch of pics. Then, I am itching to go find some dirt!

edit Randy: thanks for your service to the community, it's much appreciated (firefighter I am guessing from your avitar).

Edited by Firehawk

Hello ! Im also new here and Im really loving how clean your pathfinder looks ! Welcome :rolleyes:

I chalk it up to luck. Lucky I had an uncle who took care of his possessions and even luckier to have the opportunity to take care of it. \

And welcome to you as well RRXX

More pictures! Sunday I went out to the business park that is about 1/2 mile from my apt.. There is a massive drainage basin in between some large industrial properties so it seems to be a good place to get off the pavement. I went out today to check out the ruts and track /course when I was out there Sunday evening. Turned out to be quite a bit of fun, and the truck never had any trouble walking/ rolling thru the mud. I will snap a video in the next week or so, just have not mounted it yet : )

DSC00313.jpg

You can see 2 of the ramps going up / down the bank

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

This basin is huge! I am guessing 80+ acres. Plenty of room to goof off :)

DSC00310.jpg

All my ruts : ) It was blank before I got there. :)

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

I washed the truck Monday~ It was pretty dirty after an hour or so of action : )

Edited by Firehawk

yours is the same color as mine!! \/ :D yours is much like mine, babied its entire life. :)

I noticed yours the other day. I like it :) Suspension lift and 32's?

never mind, I read your sig :x

Edited by Firehawk

I noticed yours the other day. I like it :) Suspension lift and stock tires?

er... nope, no lift. not stock tires, stock wheels. the tires a size bigger each way than stock. stock is 31x10.50, mine are 32x11.50. :)

hahah! no, you can fit 33x10.50's on there! a lot of members have done that, STOCK. all STOCK. its possible. will have to remove fender flares for the 33's prolly though. my 32's woulda fit with my flares, but they like to cut up tires on full flex, so they were gone before i got the 32's...

hahah, nope, if anything i like that it flings more mud. :D LOL. i like to get dirty. only thing i could see me ever putting on for protection would be some form of aftermarket mudflaps. thin and flat. maybe diamond plate.

Here is a video of the intermittent idle issue I am trying to sort out~ Engine is warm, does it at least 30% of the time I am at a light or whatever. Runs just fine other than that.

th_M4H00314.jpg