New Guy from Texas

Hey, I'm Schizo, I recently got an old WD21 and decided I'd join up after talking to some buddies on Club S12 and TexasNissans. So here I am, I guess.

About my Pathy, it's a '90 SE 5-speed 4x4 I picked up off a guy in Fort Worth who ran it into... Something. He wouldn't say. So the front end's a bit crumpled. Didn't bend the radiator itself, or screw anything up too bad. Just the hood, grille, lights, and core support. Running 210,000 miles.

12291638.jpg

(In the background is the S12 I have to get rid of, sadface)

I'm a bit young, but I'm not inexperienced with mechanics. (Or VG30's) Bit new to offroading, though. Seemed like a fun thing, the truck was running and right inside my price range, so I bought it, and took it out to a field behind the high school I went to. Had more fun than some of the races I've been in. Some buddies and I are gonna get everything back to spec, get the cruise control fixed, and road trip somewhere more north and west of here to go camping somewhere that isn't by a reservoir. (For those who don't know, the only natural lake in Texas is actually a swamp, and there's nowhere good to camp here, unlike Colorado and Utah, where I have family)

Anyway, I'm here to learn and be a part of another Nissan enthusiast community, hope we have a good one.

-Schizo

Welcome!

Are you SURE there is no good camping in Texas? I mean, you got a lot of land to find something.

Here in Colorado there is good camping, but a lot of people are not willing to find it. Or they just don't know about good places. KOA!? WTF!?

Welcome to NPORA !!

You probably won't have any problems finding replacement parts, there generally are a few in the junkyards to pick off of, also a lot of the parts are interchangeable with the pickup which gives more availability for parts.

I like the old 200Sx's, old buddy of mine had one way back with the V6, he was the first one that let me know I could swap my steering wheel using one from another model.

Welcome!

Are you SURE there is no good camping in Texas? I mean, you got a lot of land to find something.

Here in Colorado there is good camping, but a lot of people are not willing to find it. Or they just don't know about good places. KOA!? WTF!?

It's all flat prairie, most of it privately-owned. Most of the places you could even consider camping in are by reservoirs, and that's middle-class camping if you catch my meaning.

The best camping is the kind you have to get off of a road to find.

Welcome to NPORA !!

You probably won't have any problems finding replacement parts, there generally are a few in the junkyards to pick off of, also a lot of the parts are interchangeable with the pickup which gives more availability for parts.

I like the old 200Sx's, old buddy of mine had one way back with the V6, he was the first one that let me know I could swap my steering wheel using one from another model.

Oh yeah, I know that'll be easy. Whole front end's basically identical to the Hardbody, and there's a damned million Hardbodies in Texas. Mexicans love 'em xD

I wish I had an S12 SE. My 200 is just a MkII XE with a poorly-swapped engine by the last owner. I ended up selling the engine to buy the Pathfinder. No room for Silvia anymore, though, gotta find someone to buy the shell or she becomes scrap. :/ If I had had an S12 SE, though, I certainly wouldn't be here talking about Pathfinders lol

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Whatever they ran into, it was about as wide as the hood, but not wide enough to hit the fenders. :scratchhead: Somewhere, a longhorn cow is limping.

And +1 on the Hardbodies. My parents vacation in Palm Springs, and all the landscapers, pool cleaners, etc drive Hardbodies. Down there, that's about every other car.

Post pics when you get 'er back together. :)

Whatever they ran into, it was about as wide as the hood, but not wide enough to hit the fenders. :scratchhead: Somewhere, a longhorn cow is limping.

I know, it was the damnedest thing to look at. The only damage on either fender is the passenger corner light is smashed. It's all contained between the fenders. There's paint scraped on the bumper, that's the only thing makes me think it wasn't a deer.

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome. I'm trying to source parts today, and I'll get pics up as soon as I have her straightened back out.

dude, youre on clubs12? oh man, my past haunts me soo much, i love s12's, post pics of that here too

09051644.jpg

Baby Silvia. She doesn't run. Never did since I owned her. Bought her for $1700 from a dude on Club S12, before I joined Club S12. Worst decision I made, aside from this one chick I dated. Still on my driveway, that car. Dad keeps giving me @!*% about it. She's for sale if you're interested ;)

Welcome to NPORA Bud, it sounds like you'll fit in. You have a little bit of work to do there, but nothing that isn't pretty straight forward. Check out your local junk yard and/or the for sale section, you never know when someone nearby is parting out a vehicle...

B

Baby Silvia. She doesn't run. Never did since I owned her. Bought her for $1700 from a dude on Club S12, before I joined Club S12. Worst decision I made, aside from this one chick I dated. Still on my driveway, that car. Dad keeps giving me @!*% about it. She's for sale if you're interested ;)

well from what i can see its a ca20e mk2...if i get another s12 id like a vg30e se model, 5 lug, v6, cant go wrong there...i almost got one a few months back but the deal fell through, was only gonna be $600 too, where you at in dfw? on my other forum we have meets sometimes maybe you can come check one out

well from what i can see its a ca20e mk2...if i get another s12 id like a vg30e se model, 5 lug, v6, cant go wrong there...i almost got one a few months back but the deal fell through, was only gonna be $600 too, where you at in dfw? on my other forum we have meets sometimes maybe you can come check one out

The SE was still only 4-lug. And I think a guy in Fort Worth bought the last one floating around the state, unfortunately.

But yeah, Silvia was a MkII XE, whose last owner swapped in a CA18DET, to no avail, and I played the fool. Sold the CADET to buy the Pathfinder. That was a good decision. I'm in Arlington. What other forum are you talking about, by the by?