What color really is wd21 interior

wd21overland

OK i know this might sound weird but for the life of me i can't really figure out what color the interior is in my 92.

I want to order all new carpet for it but i can't decided what color it really is.

Nissan shows that for 92 it came in Red, Maroon, Blue or Gray.

I know it has to be there version of gray but if you buy anything gray for it like steering wheel cover or floor mats there no where close to the color i really think it looks brownish to me but just want to think what you guys think it is.

In 93 or 94ish when ever they went to the rounded dash they have gray interior that easy to tell but new clue on mine.

This is what my interior looks like.

It really looks brown to me but maybe other will chime in.

14612736203273586676IM105565x421_A5.jpg

14612736204273586676IM106565x421_A5.jpg

Edited by wd21overland

The "brownish-grey" is what I have compared to the "standard grey" that was also used (have a set of the standard grey front buckets that don't match if I were to use them) and my door panels match perfectly and are from a 90-92 (leather truck at that). When I bought my clino, the cover WAS listed as grey and matches my dash exactly. As for ordering carpet, I'm assuming your goin for one of those aftermarket "perfect fit" kits? (that you need to cut and make fit anyway... I've installed many of them). Be a nice time to think of a cool contrasting color or one that might hide dirt better as options as well :shrug: (the door jam tag should have a trim code as well and maby ask one of the Nissan techs/parts slingers/someone with FAST for the 'technical' color name as well)

They DEFINITELY did have brown. I have never seen a brown interior, but it does exist.

I can't really help you with your problem, but do what Nunya said and look on the door jamb for a color code. Actually, the door jamb might only include the exterior color. For example, I think my truck is AH3 which is the burgundy.

Anyway, I have only seen the red, blue, and grey on the trucks. (I like how you said red, MAROON, blue and grey)

So, I have proof that brown exists and I think this is what is tripping you up. The color difference between grey and the brown is so subtle it took me 6 months to notice!

The interior in my truck is grey. No doubt about it. It's like a silver, gun metal grey. My driver's side inside door handle does not match. One night, in a certain twilight, I noticed that the handle was off color. "Oh, must be dirty". I tried to clean it with some armorall stuff and it didn't come clean. I looked more closely and noticed that it was an entirely different color. In direct sunlight I wouldn't be able to tell the different for my life.

If you look closely, it can be determined that your truck is that brown-ish color. The door handles give it away. If someone told you that it was grey you would believe it, but I know what grey really looks like. Those door handles and the door interior is not grey.

Edited by 1994SEV6

I've had 3 Pathy's. 2 that were 90-93, and this current one that's a 95. The first 2 had a browning grey interior. This one, is ACTUAL grey. I bought an Inclinometer that was listed as grey, the cover is the browning grey. Be careful what you get.

Edited by Dowser

Well at least we've got this figured out. Now what grey is better?

My vote is 93+.

93+ grey is easier to match aftermarket stuff to, 92- brown-grey is more sweet Nissan goodness, but neither hold a candle to rapist red :aok:

93+ grey is easier to match aftermarket stuff to, 92- brown-grey is more sweet Nissan goodness, but neither hold a candle to rapist red :aok:

I Agree the Crazy red or blue would be pretty cool to have but probaly a pain to find used parts that are those colors.

I Agree the Crazy red or blue would be pretty cool to have but probaly a pain to find used parts that are those colors.

Northern California has your stock of rapist red, I always find that color. Need more grey.

I like the 93+ gray defiantly easier to match for sure! The big thing i hate is a pre 93 seats....they are junk unless the leather ones are better? i hate the fabric used in the older style ones.

idk i like the older style pattern and seats

it's not as boring looking as the newer stuff

they may be a bit harder to sit on because of more ass hauling days that they saw before

the brownish-gray also looks nicer to me than the 93+ gray but i might be more used to the older gray :lol:

Edited by Tungsten

So i got bored today and took a piece of the center console ( the tiny cover over the bolts under the hand brake) to the local Lowes Hardware store since i was bored and they have a machine that will tell you the exact color of what you have so you can custom match things.

The Machine said the center console at least is ( London Grey ) in color its a brownish grey and they should me a spray can of that color and it was spot on LOL.

So at least my console with what ever sun fade and where it has is that color lol.

Edited by wd21overland