Hello everyone!

AZ_Pathfinder

I'd love to do a SAS on this truck so I could get that much articulation out of the front axle, damn IFS.

The way I went was I bought the AC kit and lifted the pathy 2" put on 32" tires NOT HAPPY. Then I bought NX4 1" spacer for the front put that in pathy looked better put on 33" tires NOT HAPPY. Bought the Krypton Fabs 4" sfd kit put that on still running 33's Totaling 6" lift now NOT HAPPY just tired of breaking stuff (cv shafts;bending tie rods) Ifs is just not meant to handle the rocks and hard stuff.. So I'm getting ready to do a SAS over winter months. The way I went is not the best way definatley the most expensive . So if your starting off by wishing for a SAS then think wisely about buying your temporary lifts first and how much you really want to spend on your pathy

Edited by PaMountianbiker

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea the SAS would be a while from now, this is now my daily driver as I just sold my 2006 Frontier. I want something that will be mild for now, just to add a little to it over stock. The real mods will be later down the road I think the 2 inch AC and wheels and tires will be a good start oh and manual hubs for sure!

Its really nice to meet everyone, well type meet at least, ha ha. I really look forward to chatting with you all and learning more about this pathfinder. I love Nissan's and know I will love this Pathfinder. My wife had a 1992 Pathfinder when we first met, man do I wish we still had that thing it was a beast! Again thanks for the warm Welcome, glad I found this forum!

Anyone on here from AZ? I'm pretty sure I would know you already if you were in the Phoenix area from all the trail runs and what have you's and meet ups we do here in ONAZ. If we havent met hopefully we can, we have a pretty good group of folks here that like to get together and wheel and just hang out!

Edited by AZ_Pathfinder

I was supposed to but something came up and I want able to make that run. It's been a while since I was able to get out on the trails unfortunately. Who all was at the sheep's bridge run? Was that the one Ted went on along with fangers both drive newer X's

Hey Koveman did a guy named mike buy a pathfinder from you??

Yep. Damn near identical to the one I have now. I kicked myself for a while after selling that.

Ted was on that run. There were a lot of Titan guys out that day. A couple of Frontiers and Xs. T-Ray met up with us near the Verde. Everybody was affiliated with ONAZ one way or another.

Lineup_Stitch.jpg

I know all but the Titans, not too many Titans Wheel with us. Good to know Have you been to any of the ONAZ meet up's? I had a Frontier before it was a 2006 Black CC 4x4 lifted. We just had an ONAZ BBQ Tim was there Ted, Aaron, Mike, Dan and his wife should have come out! Are you on NOR, Sorry if I'm out of line bringing up another forum, thats just where a lot of the other Nissan's other than Pathy's discuss meet up's and trail runs! Yeah I love Mikes Pathfinder that you sold him My wife had a 1992 Pathfinder that I really wished we still had, I love that body style and they're beasts offroad!!

It was graded from Senator Highway down to the creek crossing at Oro Belle. The rest was pretty much the same. We made a day out of it and did a loop back down through Minnehaha. I highly recommend checking that out if you get a chance.

i've been going back and forth between staying with 16s or going down to 15s.

from what i've gathered so far, the 3.75" BS should BARELY clear the brakes. the few people that have them, they said they're not having any issues. even if you do get some rubbing, you can always grind down the calipers a bit.

i want to go 15s mostly because of price of the wheels and price of the tires. i'll be running 31s down the road and a 31x10.5x15 is, on average, $30 cheaper than a 265/70/16.

If you have a 2002, 15" wheels may not fit. This is where you have issues fitting over the caliper. The reason for the backspacing it's to clear the strut towerwith a wider tire.

Anyone on here from AZ? I'm pretty sure I would know you already if you were in the Phoenix area from all the trail runs and what have you's and meet ups we do here in ONAZ. If we havent met hopefully we can, we have a pretty good group of folks here that like to get together and wheel and just hang out!

I would suggest putting in the regional section, you may get a few more replies there. (from non r50 owners too.)

Welcome to NPORA!

I noticed you have a 1999.5 year, so nothing changed from your year to mine? I just wasn't sure if perhaps larger brakes or anything

The 99.5 and up all have the larger calipers.

Anyone on here from AZ?...

:welcome:

We are here in Tucson with a 2000 QX4.

Just finished an annual Thanksgiving run last weekend with the FSJ folks up towards the Gila.

2nd trip out in this since we went through the mechanicals, you can pack a ton of crap in one of these.

FNKRun2011.jpg

Looking to get our 2" OME lift done during the next round of holidays.

:welcome:

We are here in Tucson with a 2000 QX4.

Just finished an annual Thanksgiving run last weekend with the FSJ folks up towards the Gila.

2nd trip out in this since we went through the mechanicals, you can pack a ton of crap in one of these.

FNKRun2011.jpg

Looking to get our 2" OME lift done during the next round of holidays.

Welcome Tad!

Actually the OME is really only a 1.5 inch lift. If your looking for a 2 inch lift, I would suggest checking out this website. www.4x4parts.com or if your looking for a 4" lift, check out Andrews website at www.krfabs.com here is the direct link to the lift. http://www.krfabs.com/product_detail.php?productID=2

Have a great turkey day!

Hello Tad! T-town folks, I know a few frontier guys down your way. I need to start getting to know my Pathfinder brotheren as a lot of the Nissan guys I know are X's and Frontier's. It's nice to meet you Tad maybe we can get you up to the valley to meet the ONAZ group, it's a Nissan offroad club we organized here in AZ. We do a lot of wheeling runs and get togethers and public service things like four peaks pick up, stuff like that!!

Welcome Tad!

Actually the OME is really only a 1.5 inch lift. If your looking for a 2 inch lift, I would suggest checking out this website. www.4x4parts.com or if your looking for a 4" lift, check out Andrews website at www.krfabs.com here is the direct link to the lift. http://www.krfabs.com/product_detail.php?productID=2

Have a great turkey day!

Thanks for the Turkey wishes.

1.5 would be plenty. The Q is intended to be our long distance rig.

Comfortable yet capable with decent MPG (well, decent compared to the 8MPG I get in my jeep).

My reasoning (and I could be wrong) with the OME was the use of the HD springs up front for carrying a bit more weight.

I'll be replacing my Warn M8000 on the jeep with a Warn VR12000, my intentions are to dump that front plastic on the Q, build a real bumper and use the M8000 for that application.

Am I wrong?

Will the AC setup handle an extra 125-150lbs out front without sagging too quickly?

Hello Tad! T-town folks, I know a few frontier guys down your way. I need to start getting to know my Pathfinder brotheren as a lot of the Nissan guys I know are X's and Frontier's. It's nice to meet you Tad maybe we can get you up to the valley to meet the ONAZ group, it's a Nissan offroad club we organized here in AZ. We do a lot of wheeling runs and get togethers and public service things like four peaks pick up, stuff like that!!

Sounds doable, I get up that way every 6-8 weeks except for the summer when we do Ouray and the fall when we do Las Cruces.

ONAZ have a website?

I saw a small forum thing here: http://forums.4wheeloffroad.com/70/6809915/4x4-clubs/offroad-nissans-of-arizona-onaz/index.html

Didn't look real active but maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Anyway, sounds like you have a decent build plan, I'll be checking in to watch the progress.

On a side note (not trying to tread on anyone's post).

I get a bit concerned when I read things like this below, I've come across it several times searching here.

Welcome Bud!!

From memory so verify all this please but... If you have the newer 'push button' 4wd, Warn hubs might not be for you. IIRC the CVs need to be turning also to properly lubricate the transfer case when you are in one of the 4wd modes. Look around to see if you can find this info and let me know if you can't and I'll try to dig it up...

B

I'd love to take some of the strain off the front CV's when traveling but we have the push-button AWD setup.

I'm leaning towards not doing the manual hubs, can't afford to trash a t-case.

I'm probably confusing things by reading too much but I gather it's ok to do the manual hubs but only unlock them in 2WD?

Or is this simply a no-no like it was for many of the FSJ full-time NP cases that had viscous couplers?

Welcome over man, Penski knows his stuff for sure...I love his truck lol. As far as tires go you can fit 285 75 16's on the 2in lift with wheel spacers and a tad bit of trimming. You might be surprised just how well the r50 does off road with a 2in lift, a good set of tires and a decent driver...it multpies with a sfd and bigger tires :)