Hello everyone!

AZ_Pathfinder

Hello everyone, I just joined this site as I just became the owner of a 2002 Nissan Parhfinder! It was a bittersweet event as I had to sell my 2006 Nissan Frontier 4x4 to save money each month. My mother in law just bought a brand new car and is allowing me and my wife to pay her monthly, interest free, can't turn that down! I'm not new to wheelin as I had built my frontier up pretty well and I am a memeber of an offroad club her in AZ! ONAZ Offroad Nissans of Arizona. I plan on building this pathfinder up a bit to make it more capable. I plan on doing the AC 2in lift and Firestone destination MT's along with warn manual hubs my buddy Penski on NOR here in AZ I hope can make me some more sliders, if he's not too busy with his own frontier. So just wanted to introduce myself to this forum as I'm already on NOR, but seeing as I'm now in a pathfinder not a frontier I'd post up here! Nice to meet everyone! I'll try to post some pics of my frontier that I just sold and some of the pathfinder although it's completely stock.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOR is a decent resource but believe me when I say you will find plenty of knowledge here on your r50 that ain't over there (and not the bling and bump crap you will find on TheNissanPath). Check through the r50 section/some stuff in the garage/and dont be shy to poke through some members trucks threads to give you soem ideas/info! :welcome:

Welcome Bud!!

I plan on doing the AC 2in lift and Firestone destination MT's along with warn manual hubs

From memory so verify all this please but... If you have the newer 'push button' 4wd, Warn hubs might not be for you. IIRC the CVs need to be turning also to properly lubricate the transfer case when you are in one of the 4wd modes. Look around to see if you can find this info and let me know if you can't and I'll try to dig it up...

B

Yeah it's a manual shifter not the electronic dial type I had th type in the frontier. Ready to start the mods hopefully I will get some good ideas from this forum! My buddies in ONAZ are pretty knowledgable which is nice anyone here in AZ?

Welcome Bud!!

From memory so verify all this please but... If you have the newer 'push button' 4wd, Warn hubs might not be for you. IIRC the CVs need to be turning also to properly lubricate the transfer case when you are in one of the 4wd modes. Look around to see if you can find this info and let me know if you can't and I'll try to dig it up...

B

I was just reading up on this last night and in fact the warn manual hubs are safe to put on an r50 with the "electronic" style 4x4 shifting. It's in the pinned topic section under the manual hub install write up i believe. I have hubs coming for Christmas and I was just double checking to make sure they work with the on the fly shift dial.

welcome and there's a good amount of info for you.

it'll probably run you a little more and require some more custom fab to get things more offroad worthy, but there are a ton of guys on here that have really nice offroad-capable trucks.

I'd like to try for 32's but I'm not sure of they'll fit with only 2 inches of lift. I could do a little trimming to make them fit or just do 31's. I removed those horrible running boards and actually don't mind it's stance now, I hate running boards. My Fromtier had them too em off and had a buddy Penski from NOR and Club Fromtier build me some sliders. I'm wishful that I can have him make me some for this pathfinder!

Would a 15x8 wheel work? I have the 2002 LE, which is debatable,lol. I think it's an SE with an LE badge when I search the VIN it says SE/LE so I'm not sure but it's pretty basic and it has 16 inch wheels not 17 inch which I though the LE's ran. I would like to get the all black steel wheels with 3.75 back spacing but aren't those really heay wheels?

i've been going back and forth between staying with 16s or going down to 15s.

from what i've gathered so far, the 3.75" BS should BARELY clear the brakes. the few people that have them, they said they're not having any issues. even if you do get some rubbing, you can always grind down the calipers a bit.

i want to go 15s mostly because of price of the wheels and price of the tires. i'll be running 31s down the road and a 31x10.5x15 is, on average, $30 cheaper than a 265/70/16.

i've been going back and forth between staying with 16s or going down to 15s.

I had the same delima ...

from what i've gathered so far, the 3.75" BS should BARELY clear the brakes. the few people that have them, they said they're not having any issues. even if you do get some rubbing, you can always grind down the calipers a bit.

I run the 15" with the 3.75" bs and can tell you that even with brand new brake pads, they DO NOT rub the rim ...

i want to go 15s mostly because of price of the wheels and price of the tires. i'll be running 31s down the road and a 31x10.5x15 is, on average, $30 cheaper than a 265/70/16.

The very reason that I went with the 15" rims in lieu of staying with 16's. :takebow:

Welcome AZ Pathfinder, check out this website if your looking for a serious mod on that Pathfinder.

http://www.krfabs.com/product_detail.php?productID=2

Add the WJ 4" springs in the rear and A/C springs in the front and you will have a 6" lift on that Pathy. I just did mine 2 weeks ago.

You know I've read about this is but I feel like it's almost like a body lift this wouldn't produce any travel gains from the suspension. I don't know I'd have to research it but that's one of the reasons I never did like a fabtech or packaged lift with the frontier as I would have lost overall ground clearance at the diff as those dropped the diff to gain lift everywhere else. I think I'll end up doing the 2 inc lift and seeing where that takes me. Thanks for the input either way!!

You know I've read about this is but I feel like it's almost like a body lift this wouldn't produce any travel gains from the suspension. I don't know I'd have to research it but that's one of the reasons I never did like a fabtech or packaged lift with the frontier as I would have lost overall ground clearance at the diff as those dropped the diff to gain lift everywhere else. I think I'll end up doing the 2 inc lift and seeing where that takes me. Thanks for the input either way!!

Actually this really isn't a body lift. Your adding a 4" spacer above the strut and in order to accomodate this much lift, you need to bring down the subframe due to the angle of the half shafts. The A/C springs will give you another 2" in front. The combination of the rear purches and WJ 4" springs will give it a 6" lift in the rear. Still replace the rear shocks with longer ones after the lift. Now you will have travel gains and ground clearance.

What is the distance from the ground to your diffs? I would like to see the measurements on the SFD vs the AC 2 inch lift. I know the SFD will allow for larger tires but you won't gain any suspension travel, right? That lift will limit the amount of travel, I'm just observing the spacer for the strut it looks like it would limit it, you gain lift but lose articulation. I may be wrong so please correct me if I am I don't want to have any misunderstanding on this. Thanks everyone for the input it's so great to have these forums to share info!

I had the same delima ...

I run the 15" with the 3.75" bs and can tell you that even with brand new brake pads, they DO NOT rub the rim ...

The very reason that I went with the 15" rims in lieu of staying with 16's. :takebow:

yeah, i'm still going back and forth. it's not going to be for a while so i still have time, i suppose.