3" body lift installed air box help

wd21overland

So I installed a common Cone air filter style intake a while back to try and free up a few horses.

But after going wheeling today with a few of my friends a buddy took a waterhole in his xterra to quick and soak his cone filter and hydro lock his engine which is the same style filter as mine.

So i decided to throw the stock airbox back on so went and bought a new k&n filter and went to install the box and it wouldnt fit at all.

Looks like with the 3" body lift on now the air box sits to high up now and i can't even get the hose back onto the maf.

SO just wondering if people that have a 3" body and the stock air box if you needed to modify it at all i took the air box brackets off and just had the air box sit on the fender and it still wasnt low enough to get the hose back on.

If worst comes i will just modify the box to make it fit.

Edited by wd21overland

I imagine you could make an airbox for your cone filter if you sealed it up right. Stick a tupperware thing around it, rig up some clips/silicone, and cut a hole in the end to pipe into the fender. Bonus, you can look inside and see when your filter's dirty. :)

Agreed, cone filters and water do not mix well at all.

Remove the mounting bracket for the airbox closest to the MAF, the box will sag down on that side (and rest on the fender?) and align much better. You might do a little bendy to the remaining brackets, but that's a matter of preference.

Damn, I had forgotten about that Adam... :D

B

As precise suggested i got it to fit by removing the bracket and and just bending the heck out of the other bracket down but now it fits securely.

It's pretty close to the hood but there's no contact.

On the plus side i plan on getting a snorkel one day and the two i have looked at both require the stock airbox to connect to.