Power door locks

spentplsr711

Mine didn't work either (at all). Turns out it was the door lock timer, which in my Pathfinder was located in the driver's side rear quarter panel behind the speaker/plastic panels. It had some cold solder joints that had cracked over time. Reflowed the solder on most of the joints (gotta take it apart, pretty easy to do) and the locks started working again.

Seems to be a common problem.

Edited by c00lkatz

+1 the lock timer's pretty easy to get to. It's behind the trim panel on the right side of the cargo area, in a grey box with a sticker that says 'lock timer' on the end.

Also note that this just fixes locks that don't work/work intermittently. I tried redoing mine (all the joints looked fine) to fix my twitchy locks (they lock themselves at unhelpful times) and it didn't help.

Also note that this just fixes locks that don't work/work intermittently. I tried redoing mine (all the joints looked fine) to fix my twitchy locks (they lock themselves at unhelpful times) and it didn't help.

Does your alarm work? check the two inline fuses under the driver seat that's in the alarm box wiring loom.

yeah i have the randomly locking locks also when its cold out and it sucks but im way to lazy to tear rear panels off and looks for it. to bad that part is so spendy from the dealer i would just get a new one

yeah i have the randomly locking locks also when its cold out and it sucks but im way to lazy to tear rear panels off and looks for it. to bad that part is so spendy from the dealer i would just get a new one

Mine did the same thing and was also the door lock timer.

The part is extremely is to get. In the back remove the drivers side access cover in the the hatch and put your hand in behind where the speaker is the unit right there.

There (1) 10mm bolt holding it in you wont be able to see the bolt but very easy to feel and remove took about 5 minutes and no more issues.

I just picked up a junk yard one so if it goes out again i'll just buy new.

The part is extremely is to get.

Is that some sort of Nebraska dialect talk ? :tongue:

Good thing I speak enough of this language to understand what ya meant. :new576:

At any rate, it really is easy to get at. It you can hold a ratchet in one hand you can do it.

Edited by Dowser

• 1 month later...

hmm i thought you had to remove the speaker thing to to get back there thats why i didnt even try it. ill have to see if i can get that panel off easy and do it then its worth not having that happen anymore!

There is an access panel on each side that allows you to get to the bulbs for the rear lights. Basically take that access panel off (just comes off on my 93) then do like the doors, grab the panel from the opening and give a good hard tug. Entire panel pops off for you to see everything. My door lock timer was marked.