Finally gave out

Tosh

I have a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder, which has ran good to an extent until today. It has a leak in the radiator but have kept water in it and wasn't hot while this was happening. I was driving down the road going about 50 and it clean cut off. Didn't act like it was running out of gas or hesitate at all, it just clean cut off which makes me think it's elctrical. When I tried to start it back up it turned over but very quickly and sounds like its not engaging if that makes sense. I had jump started a tractor a few hours before but started up twice fine after that. Anyone have any idea? Thanks!

I have a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder, which has ran good to an extent until today. It has a leak in the radiator but have kept water in it and wasn't hot while this was happening. I was driving down the road going about 50 and it clean cut off. Didn't act like it was running out of gas or hesitate at all, it just clean cut off which makes me think it's elctrical. When I tried to start it back up it turned over but very quickly and sounds like its not engaging if that makes sense. I had jump started a tractor a few hours before but started up twice fine after that. Anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Timing belt?

Check engine light has been on for years but htats for the o2 sensor i believe. And all the belts are intact as that is what i first thought it was too

Never new the timing belt wasn't the one up front :rolleyes haha

I will check that tomorrow. Can you explain what the distributor cap is?

And all lights and radio stayed on

The distributor cap is the thing the spark plug wires hook on to. If the timing belt is broken or has slipped more than 3 teeth there is a good chance you may have bent some valves.

if the motor sounds like it's free spinning, then it is 99% likely that it was your timing belt. and since it broke while you were moving, and you have tried to start it sense, it is basically guaranteed that you bent some valves and possibly damaged the pistons that did hit the valves, which will result in a very costly rebuild, it's usually cheaper to just take a motor out of JY to swap in. And of course change the timing belt before you put the new motor in ;)